Up & down not intuitive on home menu.
Hi there,

I've noticed on the home menu, especially since the shutdown menu button was moved, that the up/down controls are not intuitive.

For example, to find the shutdown menu button, which is at the top of the screen, I have to press down on the remote.

Also, when I want to look at recently added items, I need to press up twice to get past the sub menu. That's fine but it takes me to the top of the 'recently added' menu. That means that pressing down doesn't return, but scrolls down the list.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, it's kind of difficult to explain.
Try this for the shutdown menu
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86903

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Tomkun Wrote:Also, when I want to look at recently added items, I need to press up twice to get past the sub menu. That's fine but it takes me to the top of the 'recently added' menu. That means that pressing down doesn't return, but scrolls down the list.

This is exactly the way it should behave... It's normal that when you want to reach the "recently added" widget you are brought to the 1st of the 3 movies and may chose any of the 3 movies in the list by pressing down,

I personaly use the horizontal menu in T! instead of the default vertical one, it makes more sense to me that way Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Tomkun Wrote:Hi there,

I've noticed on the home menu, especially since the shutdown menu button was moved, that the up/down controls are not intuitive.

For example, to find the shutdown menu button, which is at the top of the screen, I have to press down on the remote.

or press up until you get there.
down was added as a 'bonus' to quickly get to the shutdown button.

Tomkun Wrote:Also, when I want to look at recently added items, I need to press up twice to get past the sub menu. That's fine but it takes me to the top of the 'recently added' menu.

yes and no, it remembers your last position on the list and will take you back there when you navigate to the recently added again.

Tomkun Wrote:That means that pressing down doesn't return, but scrolls down the list.

what else did you expect? :-)
feel free to offer up any suggestions...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
dondre Wrote:This is exactly the way it should behave... It's normal that when you want to reach the "recently added" widget you are brought to the 1st of the 3 movies and may chose any of the 3 movies in the list by pressing down,

I personaly use the horizontal menu in T! instead of the default vertical one, it makes more sense to me that way Smile

I also use the horizontal menu and to me, and a number of friends who have visited, it is simply not intuitive.

It's not a diss, I'm not out to offend anyone, it just doesn't 'feel' right.

If you press 'up' to reach a menu, you should start at the bottom. Pressing 'up' again should move you to the next menu item. Pressing 'down' should return you to where you came from.

Edit:
Looks like you wrote your reply as I was writing mine Ronie.
On the other hand I do use a Logitech diNovo mini controler which brings everything intuitive IMHO, perhaps with a remote or else it's not so intuitive Undecided

[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Up & down not intuitive on home menu.0