Dual disc DVD
I have a few DVDs stored with the following structure

- Apocalypse Now Redux
-- DISK1
-- DISK2

The problem is that XBMC cant recognize it as one movie. It scans DISK1 and DISK2 as the movie "Lonesome Dove". 'Apocalypse Now Redux' is found if I manually search on the scrapers webpage.

How can I make XBMC realize that it is one movie with 2 discs?
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
In the set content dialog for the folder Apocalypse Now Redux, you might want to set it to 'use folder name' and 'selected folder contains a single movie'

I think that's how to handle this. I don't have multi-file movies so I'm not entirely sure.
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
I think I have already tried that. Will check it again later on.
Is there a certain folder structure to make it work? or certain names of the discs folders?
name them like that:

-Apocalypse Now (Folder)
--- Apocalypse Now CD1.mkv (File)
--- Apocalypse Now CD2.mkv (File)
yeah, they are in .rar archive, so putting them in the same folder isn't an option.
Just tested with no success.

There is a way to tell XBMC when there is a BOXSET with several movies within, and put a .xml file in the Apocalypse Now Redux folder. But I cant find where I have read it. Maybe that could be a solution.
Hi - I know this is an old thread (only say, 4 years old...)
I've searched ad nauseum and have seen others post similar requests - I have a couple of dual dvd movies (in particular, the 1956 Ten Commandments and also the Godfather Collection). It wouldn't be so bad if it was the Godfather III (almost unwatchable!) but for GF II, it is also two dvds.
I understand if I used .rar, mkv, etc. I could name appropriately, but I'm a "rip my DVDs" kinda guy - so I have the directories for the movies - I'm running under OpenElec. Is there a viable way to name a directory or something else to make this work? I'm really getting tired of seeing Benny's Movie and stuff like that.
many thanks for any help and guidance.
As an extra bonus, I'm a complete Linus incompetent, and I prefer the default Confluence skin, so if there's a way I can name the folders/files, and then point and click, that would be great and more useful than any sort of coding I might have to do.
Thank you again.
Whats wrong with the naming convention of: Godfather II (1974).Disk 1/ Godfather II (1974).Disk 2 and turning on the "combine split video items" setting?

Settings>video>file lists>combine split video items
Many thanks. I could not find that in FAQs or documentation or anywhere else. I'll try tonight and report back if successful or not.
at present I only have 2 movies but I can see longer releases causing this problem.
Again, many many thanks!
Thank you again for your reply. I tried using the convention you mentioned - TMDb name and (year).Disk 1 and TMDB name and (year) Disk 2 as folder names.
the system was able to parse correctly.
I do have combine split files enabled - however I am getting two entries for each - i.e. an entry for disk 1, and an entry for disk 2 - I would love to get only 1 entry - I know I can delete say, the second disk from the database but not sure how I could then go to disk 2 menus - or maybe I can't.

when I tried again, taking the space out (so TMDb name (year).Disk1 (no space between k and 1), and again for k and 2, it could not parse and I got myself more of those dreaded benny's movies.
please advise if I'm missing something obvious - thanks so much!
Folder: Godfather II (1974)
Files: Godfather II (1974).Disk 1.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)
Files: Godfather II (1974).Disk 2.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)

Try these expressions in file name: Godfather II (1974)_1.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)
: Godfather II (1974)_2.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)

They should detect as a multi-part but appear as a single entry.
(2014-12-21, 06:53)k4sh1n Wrote: Folder: Godfather II (1974)
Files: Godfather II (1974).Disk 1.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)
Files: Godfather II (1974).Disk 2.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)

Try these expressions in file name: Godfather II (1974)_1.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)
: Godfather II (1974)_2.(what the extention is, avi, mkv, mp4, etc)

They should detect as a multi-part but appear as a single entry.

Hi and thank you again for the reply. It may be that what I want to do isn't feasible, or that I'm misunderstanding. virtually every file I have has the same name - as I like to rip my DVDs and save natively - so everything is under respective subdirectories - for example, for the godfather box set, I have "godfather_collection" as the folder, and in the folder I have a directory for GF1 (year)\whatever IFOs and VOBs there are.
for GF2 under the godfather collection directory, I have godfather ii (1974).disk1\various dvd files, and now godfather ii (1974).disk2\various dvd files
at the end of the first disk of the gf2, it just stops and then goes back to the main menu (I should have checked if the main menu also had a way to pick chapters on the second disk, but I would doubt it). the second disk does not have a menu - it just starts off in Italy (I think).

for the ten commandments, it was actually designed to be on 2 disks (I was using the same structure above) - at the end of disk 1 it actually says "intermission" on the screen - and at the start of disk 2 there is a new menu, I think it says disk 2, and then it has the chapters for disk 2.
I suppose my wishlist for the godfather 2 would just be 1 entry in the movies listing, and then the end of the first disk would have it pick up directly (with a small pause, I suppose) to the second disk.
for the ten commandments, I'd wish the scraper would show something like "the ten commandments 1956 part 1" and then the next listing below would be the same, part 2 - or something like that.

again, any help would be appreciated - as I'm running under openelec and I'm a Linux idjuit, I know I'd need to putty my way into the box to do "something" however if I could avoid going under the hood and treat it like a true appliance, well, that would be my wish.
thank you again!!!!
Sorry about the delay (was on holidays), anywhoo if your storing them as Vobs and what not to preserve menus, etc, it would probably be easier to save them as ISO's and use the file naming conventions as above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual disc DVD0