Mitsubishi 1080i RPTV custom resolution?
Ok now I posted on the Ubuntu forums and not really getting any help there so I figured I'd ask here.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 with an SVN build of XBMC. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65869 CRT RPTV. It has component video input that can take 1080i. Right now since Ubuntu has no way to probe EDID info over a component connection it defaults to 1024x768 resolution. I'm trying to find out how to setup a custom resolution for 1080i? I know that on the newer versions of ubuntu a lot of the tweaks you used to be able to apply to the xorg.conf file no longer apply and I've searched around a lot and I see people that have this issue but none seem to be using Lucid and most seem to be using DVI output.
You don't say what video card nor driver you're using as this will effect your control BUT modelines still work 99% of the time. If you post more info I'll try to help.
Sorry I meant to add those! I'm using an Nvidia 9500gt with Nvidia 256 drivers.
Would Xrandr work in 10.04? Or is there a better solution?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution
I had a similar tv and had to enter the modeline.

Mine was a 1080i set but the 720 pictures was better overall.

Under "monitor", I put the modeline.

ModeLine "1280x720" 74.25 1280 1390 1430 1650 720 725 730 750 +Hsync +Vsync

and under ""device" I put:

Option "UseEDID" "False"
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
Option "ModeValidation" "NoVesaModes, NoXServerModes"

and put the modeline under the "display" subsection of "screen".
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"

What does this option do? I'm not using DVI so I'm curious if it would effect anything for me. I'm repairing the TV right now (convergence chip) so I'm going to work on this as soon as I get it back up and running. Running it at 1024x768 looks terrible though. Generally 1080p material should look better at 1080i if setup properly, but on a CRT set it may take a lot of tweaking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mitsubishi 1080i RPTV custom resolution?0