Photo Log (See the latest changes of Fusion)
Here I will post new pics of my progress as we get closer to release.

Here is the new mini now playing, along with a new design for the bottom info section of the skin. Most views are able to have it incorporated and it really brings everything together. Also added a little animated "Z" band along the bottom. Inspired by the Zune interface,which is where some other aspects of the skin draw its aesthetic from.

Here is the new small icon view mainly created for add-on browser, but also works well in photo and music libraries.

Can't wait to test this skin out. Smile
Stop teasing us already :p
It looks stunning, have been looking forward to this since you started it.
With any luck santa will bring me a copy for xmasLaugh no pressure
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
New OSD, meant to be more consistent with other areas of the skin as well as unobtrusive to the media, so its very simple.

I felt like the old OSD worked better in this skin, although I would like the placement of info/video/subs/audio etc updated, maybe through icons and scroll through these like in the qualar mod of raiper skin:

and then after pressing left three times this

Arcanthur Wrote:New OSD, meant to be more consistent with other areas of the skin as well as unobtrusive to the media, so its very simple.

This is really sophisticated and nice, but as with the commenter above, I kind of miss the chunkiness (if you can forgive the crude description).... I think the Metro look you're doing lately is really smart and nice, but the older aesthetic had a bit more character, I think.

Would it be possible to have them each be distinct themes, and therefore user-selectable? One for the more overtly Zune/Metro direction you're into lately, and one for the chunky-feeling original design?

Everything you've shown is absolutely stunning, so this is not meant to be as critical as I fear it sounds, but it almost seems like the top bar and the information at the bottom (now playing, new osd) are kind of left-brain/right-brain and not totally in sync.... Both incredibly well thought-out and well-designed, to be sure, but a bit distinct.

Just my two cents, for whatever they're worth. Can't wait for whatever you end up releasing either way....
I was never totally dedicated to the old OSD, and because of that it was never finished. After playing with several designs I came to the conclusion that I wanted it to be simple and most importantly, not take away from the media on screen.

IMO while before the art of the old OSD itself was better, it was "competing" with the media, and that's a bad thing IMO. The idea here is to NOT stand out, but still remain sleek and intuitive.

As I said before the Zune inspiration was already part of the skin, but I recently decided to make it more pronounced due to a few design flaws that were taking place with certain information.

Using this new design element eliminated those issues. The gradient on the bottom, I have however, considered making that a skin setting to toggle on/off.

As far as the top bar and bottom being "distinct"...well thats the intention. hehe I think you may be just used to seeing screens without it so now your brain is telling you it doesn't belong. Trust me though, once you do get used to it, the old way just seems....naked Laugh
I'm not a fan of metro so my post isn't entirely objective. It's nice to hear you are considering and option to turn off that gradient. "Standing out"? It's no like its visible at all times just when u call for it and then I want it to "pop".
So.. I too liked the old one a lot more.

And I'm not talking about the whole OSD (didn't see all parts) just the bottom controller, it looked fresh, even original.. compared to metro. I'm talking about this awesome, sexy, beautiful thing here: Big Grin
Maybe u can release these graphics so we can use it for a mod?
Japaja Wrote:I'm not a fan of metro so my post isn't entirely objective. It's nice to hear you are considering and option to turn off that gradient. "Standing out"? It's no like its visible at all times just when u call for it and then I want it to "pop".
So.. I too liked the old one a lot more.

And I'm not talking about the whole OSD (didn't see all parts) just the bottom controller, it looked fresh, even original.. compared to metro. I'm talking about this awesome, sexy, beautiful thing here: Big Grin
Maybe u can release these graphics so we can use it for a mod?

I agree. This one is so awesome my pants went wet when i first saw it. Please integrate it somehow.
LOL, ok guys...maybe I'll include an option for "old style OSD" on skin settings. But that would be something that would be included later on, because remember the old one was never finished and having to complete 2 OSD's would surely push back release.

So, due to popular demand, all is not lost for lovers of the older style. Laugh
Arcanthur Wrote:LOL, ok guys...maybe I'll include an option for "old style OSD" on skin settings. But that would be something that would be included later on, because remember the old one was never finished and having to complete 2 OSD's would surely push back release.

Of course I wouldn't want it to push back the release, my only reason for not using the skin on a daily basis is the fact that the OSD is not functional enough yet.

But I'm sooo happy that the old style is not lost Big Grin
Arcanthur Wrote:LOL, ok guys...maybe I'll include an option for "old style OSD" on skin settings. But that would be something that would be included later on, because remember the old one was never finished and having to complete 2 OSD's would surely push back release.

Thank you very much. I'd hate to see such a nice OSD go to waste.
pettson3816 Wrote:I agree. This one is so awesome my pants went wet when i first saw it. Please integrate it somehow.

Sorry got to agree. This OSD was the bomb, if you do decide to keep it please add the pause button. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photo Log (See the latest changes of Fusion)0