[AppleTV] - Cyrstalbuntu image + sabnzbd
I'm working to setup an ATV with the cyrstal HD card for my in-laws. I'm going to be doing everything I can to simplify the nzb/usenet setup for them so I'd like to, if possible, do everything on the ATV box itself. I'd like to gauge the collective experience out there for running sabnzbd/sickbeard on the ATV running linux. Also, I'm interested in hearing thoughts on whether I'd be best served getting the largest ATA HD (320Gb I believe) or moving forward with a large external drive connected via USB. If I need to, I can setup one of their workstations to serve and download files, but I think it'll make my job easier (as their personal computer tech) to keep it contained. One last thing, which I've never looked into before, is file management within the XBMC gui. Whats the easiest way to allow the user to delete something they've watched?
Its spelled crystal btw Wink
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Its spelled crystal btw Wink

uhhh, i fat fingered it, sorry. OR, maybe, that's how I say it Smile
mr.b Wrote:uhhh, i fat fingered it, sorry. OR, maybe, that's how I say it Smile
Haha, I even Googled it to make sure that it wasn't actually spelled that way. Rofl
mr.b Wrote:I'm working to setup an ATV with the cyrstal HD card for my in-laws. I'm going to be doing everything I can to simplify the nzb/usenet setup for them so I'd like to, if possible, do everything on the ATV box itself. I'd like to gauge the collective experience out there for running sabnzbd/sickbeard on the ATV running linux. Also, I'm interested in hearing thoughts on whether I'd be best served getting the largest ATA HD (320Gb I believe) or moving forward with a large external drive connected via USB. If I need to, I can setup one of their workstations to serve and download files, but I think it'll make my job easier (as their personal computer tech) to keep it contained. One last thing, which I've never looked into before, is file management within the XBMC gui. Whats the easiest way to allow the user to delete something they've watched?

I've run SABNZBD+ on native ATV OS, on Hardy and Karmic all without issues. I'm currently on version 5.6 running on Karmic on my ATV without any problems whatsoever.

I've personally got a massive usb drive attached to mine, with sub folders for content. But I've whacked some content onto a smb share and xbmc seems happy to play my 1080p stuff from there as well... I'm not sure that you gain much by putting a 320GB in. You can get a 1TB external usb for the same price as pata drives now.....

As to file deletion, if you're using Confluence, then you go to:

Settings --> Appearance --> File Lists --> Allow file renaming and deletion

if you want to delete a file, you navigate to it, and hold the menu button to get the context menu and then select delete file from there....

PS I don't run sickbeard personally, so can't tell you about that - I have custom searches automatically add stuff from an rss feed...

Jim
Thanks for the all the info Jim. I'll likely do the same and grab a 1TB drive or so for it. The costs so far really haven't been bad - 40GB ATV on ebay for $60, Crystal card from mwave for $45, cheap dd-wrt compatible N-router for $20 (to act as wifi ethernet bridge) since they don't have a wire drop in their living room. Glad the ATV2 came out to bring down the prices on the 1st gens Smile

--Nick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] - Cyrstalbuntu image + sabnzbd0