[ION] wrong refresh rate value 23.971 instead of 23.976
Sad 
Hello

i m trying to play my mkv movies judderless, but so far i can't find any solution to my problem:

Actually, the refresh rate for 1090*1080p@24hz movie is 23.971 instead of 23.976.

So XBMC speeds up my videos by 0.1% but i get 1 frame being skipped very 2mn.

How could i change this refresh rate to the correct one ?

I m running XBMC Dharma RC2 with full Ubuntu 10.10 desktop on a Asus AT3ionT motherboard with 2GB DDR3, plugged via HDMI cable to a Samsung LCD LE40A676 (24p capable)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
did u check this ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068
Thanks for your reply, but yes, thats the first thing i checked when i got problems.

My refresh rate is 23.97, but the decimals after seem to cause so judder in my case.

XBMC log reports a refresh rate of 23.971 and i guess it should be 23.976.

I read some pixelclock increasing solution, but i didn't manage to apply it.

Kind regards
hi axionwrx,

Did you ever manage to solve this? I think this could be the cause of my random frame drops.
Hi

Actually, i didnt solve this completely, but i found some tricks to lower the number of dropped frames.

I enabled the noflip= true in the Xorg.conf.

That creates some tearing in the upper side of the screen with 1.78 movies. But with other formats, you wont see anything because the tearing occures on the black part of the screen.

With this option enabled, i get around 4 or 5 dropped frames during a whole movie. To be honest, this is barely noticeable.

I tried with windows 7 instead of ubuntu, and no dropped frames...
As i'm lazy, i dont want to spend some hours to re-install the system completely, but one day i will certainly run XBMC with Windows 7.
axionwrx Wrote:So XBMC speeds up my videos by 0.1%
That's actually not what it's doing, but I'm not about to explain that for the hundredth time, maybe I'll remove the info from the codec info.
bobo1on1 Wrote:That's actually not what it's doing, but I'm not about to explain that for the hundredth time, maybe I'll remove the info from the codec info.

Ignorance is bliss, they say. Is there a wiki page that explains what you've explained many times over?
ASRock ION 330
Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 minimal install
xbmc from unstable ppa
No, but the simple explanation is, 1/24 * 1.001 = 1/23.976, where 24 is the refreshrate and 1.001 is the +0.1% you see in the codec info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ION] wrong refresh rate value 23.971 instead of 23.9760