Show picture by function?
Hey guys,

I am sorry if I am kinda annoying, but I am really having issues with plugin development.

I kinda have this problem already explained in the other thread (about sys.argv[1]), but we got a little stuck here. I am going to explain what I am trying to do:

I want to create a plugin for http://www.xkcd.com

I have a "Browse" function, where I scrape the archive (here)

Right now I built a directory where I can select the strips. Every DirectoryItem is linked back to the plugin again (I cannot scrape every single page for the strip picture when building the directory).

When the plugin is called again, it scrapes the picture from the selected strip-webpage and should display it to the user.

I'm stuck at the last step. I successfully scraped the url of the picture and xbmc just needs to display it.

I tried:

setResolvedUrl: This leads to an error because my sys.argv[1] variable is '-1' when the plugin calls itselft. I don't understand why. Btw. this doesn't change when I call the plugin with RunPlugin - this seems to be the same as just calling the plugin:// url.

xbmc.Player: Refuses to 'play' a picture

SlideShow: Just works for folders - there seems to be a temporary solution which involves downloading pictures to temporary directories - but this seems a little too much right now.

Please someone help me: How can I make XBMC display a picture when giving the picture url to it?

Thanks!
Axel
Uhm....Nobody?
we sadly do not support setResolvedUrl with picture plugins atm. it's on the list of things to remedy for sure.
Thanks for your answer mate. I will check the workaround with Slideshow! It's just good to have a definite answer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show picture by function?0