xmbc crashes when trying to scan upnp folder
I have a iomega storecenter ix2 and I have set up a media folder on it with my movies in. I have added it as a source in xbmc and it recognises it. However when it scans it for content the "Downloading Movie information" box appears and stays for ages only for XMBC to crash, restart and start scanning all over again, while none of the movies have been added to the library. I can however see them all manually through the videos option on xbmc so it can definitely see them.

I am running Dharma beta 2.
In the debug log there is the following line (along with other similar ones)

23:29:31 T:3001023344 M: 92938240 DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(0xb2dfdbd8) http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt;q=o3%2451...3026478343

Why is it trying to search for such a strange title (and one that does not appear on the drive)?
Ok, so I have discovered that xbmc can't scan upnp shares (and that upnp can't serve ISOs...). So I connect via samba instead. However when I try this I get the option of WORKGROUP1 (which is the group that my NAS is in) but when it tries to connect it errors with connection timed out.....

I am not far off throwing the NAS along with my xbmc machine out of the window....................

How do I get xmbc to connect to the NAS via samba?
Right, after some searching I found an article on how to install samba for xbmc live.

It says that I need to run the command sudo apt-get install samba

So I open a putty window and do just that and I get the following output

root@XBMCLive:~# sudo apt-get install samba
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
samba: Depends: update-inetd but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Am I just being really stupid as I would have thought getting a NAS to work would not be this hard.....?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xmbc crashes when trying to scan upnp folder0