MySQL backend issues with Dharma RC2?
Hi,

As fast as I add the advancedsettings.xml to my userdata folder and start XBMC the XBMC logo comes up and then it takes ages to start. And when it starts I cannot move around in the menues. I checked my mysql databases, both video and music and they are not populated with any new tables. Whole XBMC feels hung up.

I ran these commands in my mysql server:
CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_video CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_music CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
GRANT ALL ON *.* to 'xbmc';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

My advancedsettings XML:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.111</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.111</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I have verified my connection to the database server from my XBMC mahcine that runs Windows7. It works fine and my xbmc database user have full privileges to the two xbmc databases that I created.

Anyone have any ideas on wy this is happening?
What does debug log show you?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:What does debug log show you?

Good point. Didnt know there was a log. First problem was that my mysql only bound 127.0.0.1. I sovled that so now XBMC starts fine and my databases did populate correctly.

However, now I ran into another issue. I added a source and I set the content of it, TV for example and added TVDB to it. Then it asked me if I wanted to scan the content and I answerd yes. NOw nothin happend.

The log showed me this:

16:52:19 T:1444 M:1180852224 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\media\\TV\\','','')
16:52:19 T:1444 M:1180852224 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'C:\\media\\TV\\','',''))
16:52:19 T:3784 M:1180835840 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
16:52:19 T:3784 M:1180835840 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00

Anyone know why? Greatfull for all answers.
Set logging to debug if you have not already... that may give more details. Also, please see the links in my signature. They provided details on what and how you should provide the details (such as FULL DEBUG log to pastebin).
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Set logging to debug if you have not already... that may give more details. Also, please see the links in my signature. They provided details on what and how you should provide the details (such as FULL DEBUG log to pastebin).

Ok. I enabled debug and I cleaned the log. Then I started XBMC, tryed to add content to a diectory and then I did exit XBMC.

http://pastebin.com/CGmUVG8X

Hope this help to figuring out whats wrong.
Assuming 1062 is the error code returned by MySQL that's a priary key violation, i.e. an attempt to insert the same primary key twice.

JR
1062 is usually because you have \ in your sources path.

make sure all sources are in as smb ip's ie. "smb://10.0.0.1/share/movies" and not drive paths ie "k:\share\movies" or it won't work.

You can occassionally get these with insufficient shema privelages as well but it's usually paths.

There's numerous threads discussing this already so search the main mysql threads and you should find the answers.
craigd Wrote:1062 is usually because you have \ in your sources path.

make sure all sources are in as smb ip's ie. "smb://10.0.0.1/share/movies" and not drive paths ie "k:\share\movies" or it won't work.

You can occassionally get these with insufficient shema privelages as well but it's usually paths.

There's numerous threads discussing this already so search the main mysql threads and you should find the answers.

Thank you. This was resolved by using smb://....

Might be an idea to put this in the wiki if it isnt allready there. Or maybe try to fix it to the final release.
It may be in other threads, but I hadn't come across it and have wasted the best part of 6 hours working out wtf is going on here. I was using mapped network drives (as I feel it gives me more flexibility).

Is this a "feature" or is it planned to be fixed?

BTW - The fact XBMC works with MySQL is great, looking forward to the possibilities!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL backend issues with Dharma RC2?0