• 4(current)
Win HOW-TO get uTorrent to tell XBMC to update its library
Raqueem Wrote:as i have modified the update.vbs with your last modifications, it does show me the status of the torrents when they queu or finish; but the library doesn't update.

as the update procedure is right after the "notification on finish"-routine and the notification is working there's nothing wrong with the connection. So I guess that the problem resides in your "sourcePath" or Labels don't add upp. What do you label your torrent with? and what is your sourcePath?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
watzen Wrote:as the update procedure is right after the "notification on finish"-routine and the notification is working there's nothing wrong with the connection. So I guess that the problem resides in your "sourcePath" or Labels don't add upp. What do you label your torrent with? and what is your sourcePath?

Well in the beginning is was working.. it's until i have changed the settings in utorrent that I didn't get the notice anymore.

I'm trying everything again from scratch.. Wink

xbmcConnection = "http://xbmc:[email protected]:59000"

sourcePath = "c:\DLDONE\"
watzen, have you got this script working with TV-series? My library wont update TV-Shows using the HTTP xbmcCmd. Works fine for movies tho...

I mean using a single tv-show, as in http://xbmcaddress/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?com...rary(video,"K:\TV-Series\Show\Season 1"/))
Thanks for the idea.

One little thing I might mention, if you don't wanna have to change your utorrent labels to suit the script, you can change the script to generic.

Utorrent is able to pass the directory of the downloaded file (%D) which you can run the update on without having to bother about what labels you are using and with very minimal changes in the script.
njumlin Wrote:watzen, have you got this script working with TV-series? My library wont update TV-Shows using the HTTP xbmcCmd. Works fine for movies tho...

I mean using a single tv-show, as in http://xbmcaddress/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?com...rary(video,"K:\TV-Series\Show\Season 1"/))

yes, however I only update "K:\TV-Series\Show\" since you haven't set content for that specific folder (Season 1). And unless it's a typing error on your part. the http-adress you wrote is wrong, it should be:
Code:
http://xbmcaddress/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video,"K:\TV-Series\Show\Season [b]1\"[/b]))
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
Alethenorio Wrote:Thanks for the idea.

One little thing I might mention, if you don't wanna have to change your utorrent labels to suit the script, you can change the script to generic.

Utorrent is able to pass the directory of the downloaded file (%D) which you can run the update on without having to bother about what labels you are using and with very minimal changes in the script.

Does that work with "Move files when completed"? IIRC the %D gives the first directory, not the final destination... or the problem could be that it won't work when you have SMB sources in xbmc (i.e. if you use MySQL).
Good question. I performed a quick test and yeah it seems that it reports the final directory and not the first downloaded directory (I guess the µtorrent guys did their homework).

As for SMB I don't even know what that is so I can't help you there Tongue
Watzen, could you post back the first script you had posted..

that seemed to work just fine, with the new one, i just can't get it to work..

thx.
If this was already posted I apologize in advance.

If you are troubleshooting you can try this, it helped me out.
You can set uTorrent to always run a program.
set it to run:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video,_PATH_/%L/))
where localhost is the IP to your XBMC if not local then leave be, 8080 the port you set the XBMC web server to, _PATH_ is your source path.
%L will add the label from utorrent.
As a download finishes you can check the browser that just opened what the actual path is.
Perhaps it could help someone out to figure out if there is an issue with the path as I had.

/Sibot
Sibot Wrote:If this was already posted I apologize in advance.

If you are troubleshooting you can try this, it helped me out.
You can set uTorrent to always run a program.
set it to run:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video,_PATH_/%L/))
where localhost is the IP to your XBMC if not local then leave be, 8080 the port you set the XBMC web server to, _PATH_ is your source path.
%L will add the label from utorrent.
As a download finishes you can check the browser that just opened what the actual path is.
Perhaps it could help someone out to figure out if there is an issue with the path as I had.

/Sibot

As I PM'd him, What I use to debug it is that I add add this:

Code:
msgbox connectionString

after the line 38 and 43.
this will give you a popup exactly of what it is trying to send.
If that still doesn't help me, I add some msgbox's that display each of the supplied parameters.

/Tomas
Thanks both of you.

I've just started from scratch again and followed the settings in the beginning tutorial and now everything works.

Actually the only thing i've changed, come to think of it, is the 'localhost', I mentioned the ip instead. (as utorrent is on the same machine i don't see how this could have been the reason, but hey, it works .. Smile )

Many thanks ! This rocks.
watzen Wrote:yes, however I only update "K:\TV-Series\Show\" since you haven't set content for that specific folder (Season 1). And unless it's a typing error on your part. the http-adress you wrote is wrong, it should be:
Code:
http://xbmcaddress/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video,"K:\TV-Series\Show\Season [b]1\"[/b]))

The last slash must have been a typo if that's what you mean? - but its also copied from your old version. I guess there should be no slash?

The space after the quote is an error from this forum, it automatically made a space. Couldn't edit it away.
njumlin Wrote:The last slash must have been a typo if that's what you mean? - but its also copied from your old version. I guess there should be no slash?

The space after the quote is an error from this forum, it automatically made a space. Couldn't edit it away.

What I meant was that the order of the three charactars in bold was in the incorrect order. "/ and it should have been \". And I can't see any spaces after the quote?

Anyways, I don't understand why one would want to have specific folders for each season, xbmc takes care of the seasons anyways.
I'm trying to tweak the script to copy downloaded shows from one drive to another before adding them to XBMC - I'd like to be able keep them seeded for a while on the source drive, but have them available on the larger, slower other drive and added to XBMC from there. I've found some sample code for copying files and have tried to graft it in (plus adding an argument for the filename) before the XBMC calls, but I know zero VBScript, and have clearly missed something. Any pointers?

Code:
myFile = Replace(WScript.Arguments.Item(3)," ","%20")

Dim FSO
Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
FSO.CopyFile "C:\Torrents\Complete\ & myPath & myFile", "F:\ & myPath & myFile"
JamesUK Wrote:I'm trying to tweak the script to copy downloaded shows from one drive to another before adding them to XBMC - I'd like to be able keep them seeded for a while on the source drive, but have them available on the larger, slower other drive and added to XBMC from there. I've found some sample code for copying files and have tried to graft it in (plus adding an argument for the filename) before the XBMC calls, but I know zero VBScript, and have clearly missed something. Any pointers?

Code:
myFile = Replace(WScript.Arguments.Item(3)," ","%20")

Dim FSO
Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
FSO.CopyFile "C:\Torrents\Complete\ & myPath & myFile", "F:\ & myPath & myFile"

I can't say that I'm that good with vbscript either. I just graft pieces of code together too Smile
The first line though, I only use the replace function because I have to urlencode it when sent to xbmc. ie "This Movie" becomes "This%20Movie"
You probably won't need that
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO get uTorrent to tell XBMC to update its library1