Can plugin set an item info on the fly?
Question 
Hi guys,

Is it possible to load the info of an item when the user press the info button?
I know we can resolve an video URL when the user play a video (using setResolveURL), in this case the trigger is the play and the URl define for the item will reaload the plugin, but can we trigger it on page info loading?

I am currently working on a plugin (addon) and for performance reason I would prefer to not ot have to load one XML per Item, it would be far better to load it when the user ask to see the info.

Can I do that somehow?

Thank you in advance.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

It is mostly the same question than in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85079

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

Not currently, no. You can replace the context menu though so you could do it via the mechanism.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Not currently, no. You can replace the context menu though so you could do it via the mechanism.
It crossed my mind, but the problem is I can prevent the user to press to the info button (which will be empty in this case).
But that's still a good idea, it is still better than taking 1 minute to load a page, and still give to use the user the opportunity to see the detailled info.

I think it would be nice toi have such feature (similar to setResolveURL behavior) for item info,

Thank you Jmarshall, I think I am going to go this way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can plugin set an item info on the fly?0