[LIVE] Choppy playback over network - Acer Aspire Revo 3700, Dharma rc2
With a clean installation of xbmc-Dharma_rc2.iso I'm able to play HD content off a USB thumb drive but not over the network from Windows Samba Shares.

The network speeds are fine; I've had a Popcorn Hour C200 using the exact same cable plugged into the exact same network playing HD content just fine.

Some videos have decent frame-rates but all of them have choppy stop start audio.

I've also tried installing Camelot Live but that had issues with HDMI Audio. I think it was something to do with the ION2 chipset.

Has anyone else had any luck with the Acer Aspire Revo 3700 with any version of Live?
What network speed are you running? 100 or 1000?
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO Wrote:What network speed are you running? 100 or 1000?

Other devices have been playing high def content, even full 1080p, over the exact same network.

I just found that I was getting some choppy playback on some SD content as well.
Go to the xbmcfreak website and try maverick v3 it should solve the issues you are experiencing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Choppy playback over network - Acer Aspire Revo 3700, Dharma rc20