• 45(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
Avigrace Wrote:Yeah, I am tempted to get the months free trial but don't want to if there is a chance this plugin will not work.

Sort of a deal maker for me as well, got Lovefilm already but their lack of good TV shows is painful.

Just signed up to the membership, hopefully someone smarter than me will be able to figure out if there is a problem and what it is.
Dangelus Wrote:Tried it. It will sign in with a UK account, display some content that's available but it will not play anything.

anyone else confirm this?
dc2447 Wrote:anyone else confirm this?

When i tried it twice, it logged in but would just launch the Netflix homepage instead of playing the chosen video.

Also recommended didn't have any listings
XBMC Flicks 1.0.18 authenticates fine with my Netflix UK account but shows no entries under the top-level items (genres, recommended, and so on), and nothing's shown in the log at loglevel 2.
I logged in, i can browse movies but clicking on one has no effect. TV shows will go no further than the show title. Selecting a show just gives an empty directory.

I'm not sure it's listing the UK content as the movies I could see all had American certifications next to them.

Hopefully a minor tweak will enable this for the UK since there no other HTPC Netflix option available.

The Windows Media Center plugin hasn't even been updated for Canada afaik so I doubt they'll bother doing a UK update and Boxee has betrayed their PC roots and removed the app. Sad
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Anyone considered modifying some of the python code within the resources\lib folders?

Netflix.py has multiple references to the API being netflix.com

Perhaps changes within to netflix.co.uk would yield a result?

iqueue.py also reference options with regards domains pertaining to both the USA and Canada. Which are the two territory options within the apps config I believe.

At work at the moment so no time to dabble presently.

ttfn
djasmith Wrote:Anyone considered modifying some of the python code within the resources\lib folders?

Netflix.py has multiple references to the API being netflix.com

Perhaps changes within to netflix.co.uk would yield a result?

UK uses netflix.com also
I can't seem to find this plug-in under the official repo. It is in Video-add ons right? Or is it not compatible with Eden Beta yet?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
RenZ0R Wrote:UK uses netflix.com also

Now that I am home I can see this now Sad

Was worth a thought.

I have taken a look at the source code behind the video I am now playing and the API calls appear to be being placed to a different URL:

"API_ROOT":"https://api-eu.netflix.com"

Referencing a EU API

Perhaps this is what needs to be changed within the python script?

Just another thought.

ttfn
I am confident it won't be long before there is a working solution for this. If we get there XBMC will be the only HTPC platform to have a Netflix UK 10ft interface. Smile
For UK / Ireland items

If you can get your instant queue, then the api calls work.
playback is easy enough, it just sends the id + the url to the browser for playback (that's those .htm files it's writing to your user directory)

Let me know exact changes that are needed and I can add a menu option for uk/ireland to it.

It's prob just a few url changes if the api is working it's gonna be easy enough, it's just hard in that I can't test any of it, but can point ya in the right direction.

netflix.py and iqueue.py are the main areas of the addon that do the work, look in those for netflix.com area's
Sadly Netflix UK doesn't have the queue feature Sad
The first part of netflix.py contains the following:

HOST = 'api.netflix.com'
PORT = '80'
REQUEST_TOKEN_URL = 'http://api.netflix.com/oauth/request_token'
ACCESS_TOKEN_URL = 'http://api.netflix.com/oauth/access_token'
AUTHORIZATION_URL = 'https://api-user.netflix.com/oauth/login'

Could this be the problem?
Also iqueue.py has the following entry:

def startBrowser(url):
cmd="open /Applications/Firefox.app'"+url+"'"
print cmd
os.system(cmd)

I haven't got firefox installed (just IE) so will install Firefox to see if this helps!
Been playing around with this a bit more today, when I click on a film from New Additions etc it will link to a page however it comes up with the error that the film isn't available. It seems that none of the films listed in XBMC are actually available from the Netflix site.

The links to the films are located in \userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links and there are quite a few in there. Each one is an html file with the movie id listed within it. When I click on any of these files I get the error as above, meaning, I presume the movie is no longer available on the site.

I did a simple test of going direct to the Netflix website, hovered over one of the movies which showed the movie id in the bottom task bar. I then amended one of the html files back in the userdata folder by changing the movie ID within the file and renamed it the same (I also updated the movie title within the file too). When I click on the file after it successfully links through and plays the movie from Netflix.

However, I cannot get the movie to appear in XBMC film list.

Any ideas how we can get the films to be updated from the Netflix site and listed correctly?
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16