Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
giftie Wrote:We need a new Icon for this script. Who wants to take a stab at itHuh

Had a quick go, not sold on it though, needs somthing more..its a bit plain.

Image Image
Well I installed this last night and I got the script added on and configured. However I downloaded the skins transparancy and night and the button theater/cinema did not show up. Do I have to go in an manually update the xml file? I thought that since the skin was compatible that it would automatically do that. check sig for xbmc version if that has to do with anything.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
about the trivia i'll see if it works, but make sure you have the limit by mpaa settings disabled for now. giftie i have all that working in a different way. so let's get together via email and i'll pass along the new stuff. then you can pick and choose what you need.

the setting under misc, is to run a script for home automation stuff.

no one complained about the icon, just when i went to make sure i could use it. i discovered it was not free. too bad cuz i like it.

here is a diff for confluence, might work in other skins. it makes the play button always cinema when content is movies. so this affects plugins that set there content to movies, but i figured if i wanted to run the video without cinema, just select it from the list.

PHP Code:
IndexDialogVideoInfo.xml
===================================================================
--- 
DialogVideoInfo.xml (revision 35547)
+++ 
DialogVideoInfo.xml (working copy)
@@ -
1,+1,@@
 <
window id="2003">
- <
defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol>
+ <
defaultcontrol always="true">88</defaultcontrol>
  <
allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
  <
controls>
   <
control type="group">
@@ -
1084,+1084,14 @@
      <
onright>9000</onright>
      <
onup>50</onup>
      <
ondown>49</ondown>
+     <
control type="button" id="88">
+      <
description>Play HTE</description>
+      <include>
ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
+      <
label>Cinema</label>
+                        <
onclick>PreviousMenu</onclick>
onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
visible>Container.Content(Movies) + System.HasAddon(script.cinema.experience)</visible>
+     </
control>
      <
control type="togglebutton" id="8">
       <
description>Play/browse to Show</description>
       <include>
ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
@@ -
1092,+1100,@@
       <
alttexturenofocus border="2">button-nofocus.png</alttexturenofocus>
       <
altlabel>1024</altlabel>
       <
usealttexture>Container.Content(TVShows)</usealttexture>
visible>!Container.Content(Movies) | !System.HasAddon(script.cinema.experience)</visible>
      </
control>
      <
control type="button" id="5">
       <
description>Cast/Review</description
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
rflores2323 Wrote:Well I installed this last night and I got the script added on and configured. However I downloaded the skins transparancy and night and the button theater/cinema did not show up. Do I have to go in an manually update the xml file? I thought that since the skin was compatible that it would automatically do that. check sig for xbmc version if that has to do with anything.

for Transparency!, enable the script in:
Skin Settings > Scripts
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
trivia plays fine.
Harro Wrote:][/b]) I find "DialogVideoInfo.xml". I open the xml up and take a look at it, toward the end of the file I find <control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Theater Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Theater</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
</control>

Now I am thinking that this is the answer.

replace this line
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
with this line
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>

This worked for me in confluence. thanks alot. I now have dharma and the cinema script working!!! yippeeee. thank you.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I downloaded the skins transparancy and night and the button theater/cinema did not show up.

You have to use either the SVN version of T!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83643

or the git version of Night
git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

Then you must enable the script in the settings menu.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Anyone happen to add the button within Aeon MQ2?
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Posted in the old thread but I thought I'd better post here as well.

Alaska Revisited now supports this script - simply press PLAY on the Info Screen and it start up, no configuration needed.
Nuka1195 Wrote:trivia plays fine.

Hummm, are you talking about QA or just the stills? I've tried about 10 different string.xml files and none of them work for QA all I can get is single jpg's to show up like the Pixar ones. I guess I need to go back to the drawing board if you got QA working.

This is the xml I'm using, running Dharma RC2.

<slides>
<slide>
<question format="Q[0-9]+q.png" />
<clue format="n/a" />
<answer format="Q[0-9]+a.png" />
</slide>
</slides>

I have jpg's Q1a.jpg Q1p.jpg nothing. Since you're saying the trivia works fine for you I'll keep at it, I have the MPAA disabled in the config.
quebert Wrote:Hummm, are you talking about QA or just the stills? I've tried about 10 different string.xml files and none of them work for QA all I can get is single jpg's to show up like the Pixar ones. I guess I need to go back to the drawing board if you got QA working.

This is the xml I'm using, running Dharma RC2.

<slides>
<slide>
<question format="Q[0-9]+q.png" />
<clue format="n/a" />
<answer format="Q[0-9]+a.png" />
</slide>
</slides>

I have jpg's Q1a.jpg Q1p.jpg nothing. Since you're saying the trivia works fine for you I'll keep at it, I have the MPAA disabled in the config.

Are you actually calling them string.xml? Or are you really calling them slides.xml and just referring to them as strings?
SlaveUnit Wrote:Are you actually calling them string.xml? Or are you really calling them slides.xml and just referring to them as strings?

lol sorry I had just woke up when I posted that, slides.xml what I've done is create a single folder and 1 question and answer in it and been messing with the xml to see if I can figure it out. Needless to say it's not working, all I get is a black screen with the trivia music I set playing. It's doing something because the now playing music overlay in Alaska Revisited isn't coming up, it comes up when I have the Pixar movie facts in my trivia folder.
These are the same results that Harro and I get as well, a plain black screen.
Hitcher Wrote:Posted in the old thread but I thought I'd better post here as well.

Alaska Revisited now supports this script - simply press PLAY on the Info Screen and it start up, no configuration needed.

I like this way better, also like when things 'just work' and don't need people having to check a bunch of settings on/off. So "Night" and "The Carmichael" will change to this also.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
nope trivia with a slides.xml appears not to work. i'll see if i can find a quick fix.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24