Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 265(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
RagnaroktA, I have one more problem. When I start CE with a movie it works fine until it is time for the trailers to start. I have "open Curtains" and then it should play 3 trailers. The trailers do not play. It goes straight into the movie. Do the trailers have to be saved locally ahead of time? Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/LgGFzxJw
Any suggestions would be appreciated
You may still need to change the extensions on the ratings videos from MP4 to AVI. Not sure if that's fixed yet.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2014-11-23, 18:04)RagnaroktA Wrote: You may still need to change the extensions on the ratings videos from MP4 to AVI. Not sure if that's fixed yet.

Thanks, that did the trick.
(2014-11-23, 15:40)peterpiper78 Wrote: RagnaroktA, I have one more problem. When I start CE with a movie it works fine until it is time for the trailers to start. I have "open Curtains" and then it should play 3 trailers. The trailers do not play. It goes straight into the movie. Do the trailers have to be saved locally ahead of time? Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/LgGFzxJw
Any suggestions would be appreciated

That depends on how you have the trailers set up. I have mine set to stream in 720p, and it seems to work well. If you set it to use local trailers, they do have to be completely downloaded before the script calls for playing trailers, which means you may have to run your slideshow for a bit before you start trailers. If you have it set to stream in 1080p, make sure you have the bandwidth to do it, so it doesn't have to buffer.

In the add-on settings, what do you have "Trailer Play Mode" set to? If it's set to Stream, try setting the quality to "Standard" or "720p" and hit OK. If it's set to download, make sure that you have a folder specified there, the "Download Folder" setting, for it to download the trailers to, and make sure there's sufficient space available there for it to use. You'll also want to give it a while to download those trailers, so set your trivia to at least 5 minutes per trailer to give it time to download them. Hope that helps.

(2014-11-23, 09:04)moravec Wrote: @RagnaroktA

Could you please check this log too. XBMC will crash when using CE. Just tried this again yesterday and I have still the problem.

I guess CE is causing a memory leak...
22:48:11 T:3956 ERROR: ffmpeg[F74]: [h264] Cannot allocate memory.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1769117

http://pastebin.com/aJNQrNNr

Thank you.

Have you tried backing up your config and doing a fresh install of XBMC with just CE? I also noticed that you're running CE 4.0.13, which isn't stable yet I don't think. Try ripping out CE and re-installing from the repo. If neither of those do it, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hi, I've been trying to get the HA script to work for a few nights with no luck. I've edited home_automation.py to send a few php commands over my home network for lighting (milight) control. The python-to-php script works fine called by itself (can fully control lights via a few simple hex codes). I've checked the usual problems for non python coders in home_automation.py (indents etc.) and everything checks out fine. However I do notice in my XBMC log:

NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Failed to import Automate

Could this be pointing to my problem?

FYI presently using 4.0.13 with Aeon Nox after upgrading from 4.0.10--same error message as above in either case.

logfile is at:
http://pastebin.com/CcXrRyVJ

Thanks!
Hey
I tried to setup Cinema Ex on my Gotham windows machine with Aeon MQ5, unfortunately it fails at the first step: showing trailers before the movie starts.
The weird thing is that sometimes it works, but in 95% of all cases XBMC hangs up and creates files like
xbmc_crashlog-13.2 Git_20140817-0f3db05-20141126-182326.dmp
until I manually terminate it with task manager. So my XBMC folder is getting really spammed with these files.

Here is an excerpt from my log:

Code:
18:23:08 T:1000  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:23:08 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Script Name: Cinema Experience
18:23:08 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Script ID: script.cinema.experience
18:23:08 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Script Version: 4.0.10
18:23:08 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Starting Window ID: 10025
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Script Started With: movieid=5
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Video Playlist Cleared
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Music Playlist Cleared
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Movie ID Mode
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Movie ID: 5
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Library_view: oldway
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Storing Playlist in memory
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Retrieving Movie Details
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Rebuilding Movie Playlist
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Retrieving Movie Details
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Building Cinema Experience Playlist
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Adding Ratings Video
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Retriving Trailers: 3 Trailers
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Loading Saved List, Trailer Watched List
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Saving List, Watched Trailers
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Adding Trailers: 0 Trailers
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Playlist Size: 1
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Trigger List Size: 1
18:23:09 T:1000  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Saving List, Trigger List
18:23:09 T:656   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)
18:23:27 T:656   ERROR: Previous line repeats 133 times.
18:23:27 T:656  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
18:23:27 T:656  NOTICE: Saving settings
18:23:27 T:656  NOTICE: stop all
18:23:27 T:656  NOTICE: stop player

I have only the trailer feature activated in the cinema ex settings.

Hope anybody can help

edit:
ok, even if I disable everything in Cinema Ex, I'll get the same result when starting a movie with it...
18:23:09 T:656 ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

looks like there's a problem with graphics driver, but everything else works fine.
In Confluence skin I get the same error (without that spamming of dump files), also tried another graphics driver...
I'm having a similar error to horstepipe. I'm using Aeon MQ5 on OSX and even if I disable everything except just playing the movie XBMC still crashes.

Here is my xbmc.log file. It doesn't seem to have an error for why it actually crashed. Here is also the crash report apple generated incase that helps any.

It's kind of frustrating because I usually can debug these issues on my own but in this case it doesn't seem like it's printing the error to the logs.

EDIT: I tried starting it with a different skin, Neon, and it worked so I guess this is a specific issue with Aeon MQ5. Not sure whats wrong.
yap, neon works for me, too.
Strange..
I'll try a fresh installation of XBMC with MQ5

Maybe we both should call attention to this problem in the official MQ5 thread
Running the latest version of Gotham on my Windows 7 x64 PC, using a MySQL database with the most recent version of Cinema Experience available in the repository, I am having no luck with this script. I configured the script just to stream trailers from Apple Trailers. It works fine on the server hosting the MySQL database, but on every other computer I try to run it on the script hangs for about 5 seconds and then just plays the movie. Then when I quit XBMC the program remains in memory so I have to end the process to be able to start XBMC again. I haven't seen other posts where people are experiencing this issue, but on my home theater room PC I uninstalled XBMC, deleted the profiles folder and reinstalled and am still having the issue. Is there some sort of issue with running this script over MySQL?

Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/ZsE7WTy4
Hello. I have been playing with script for a couple of days and it is very cool. I am trying to set up my trivia slide show to play music while it is showing. I have the music file set to a .strm file that points to a local iheartradio station. I can't get this to work for some reason. The dtream plays fine in XBMC by itself just not in the script. I am wondering if anybody has been able to get this to work or is it just a limitation of the script currently?

Thanks,
Greg
Hello, i'm having a problem with CE on my Openelec Kodi RC1.
I downloaded the addon, config like on my PC (it works on pc), but when i try to start a film, it crash and go back at home. here it's my log, can you help me ?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=364622[/code]
Has anyone figured out how to get this running on XBMC 13.2 Gotham on an Amazon Fire TV?

I was able to install it just fine. Since the default Confluence skin doesn't have any built in support, I installed Aeon Nox and tried to add shortcuts to the main menu with this action:

RunAddOn(script.cinema.experience)

But this did not work. Then, I tried adding a button to activate it on the submenu with this action:

XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)

And this didn't work either.

I've been searching google for several hours now and can't figure out how to make this addon work?
Hi Giftie

Ive recently started getting an error for cinema.experience when my xbmc starts up. Its only started a few weeks ago, and Its been working fine up until now.

Even though an error message comes up when XBMC starts, the addon still appears to work ok.

My setup is XBMC 13.2 Gotham, running on an Android MX box. Im using Aeon Nox skin.

The full log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/EcVf6Wq0

I believe the error can be seen on lines 792 - 803.

08:28:04 T:1757791920 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'log'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/service.py", line 22, in <module>
settings = settings()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/settings.py", line 22, in __init__
utils.log( 'settings() - __init__' )
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'log'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

GS
As a thank you to the community, we've put together a small Christmas bumper and are releasing it for free to anyone who wants it. Have a happy and safe holiday!

It's available on our website, linked below. As always, if you want us to customize this video for you, just drop us a line.

• 265(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24