Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 268(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2014-12-18, 00:58)Batiatus Wrote: My dad's Panasonic plasma changes to 3D automatically for HSBS after a short time "analyzing" the image. The projector I'm using is a Panasonic PTAE8000. Both are/were Panny's top of the line units at the same time. If one switches, the other should as well. this works when playing SBS files through any media player in full screen regardless of their naming tags or through broadcast TV when all that's actually getting to the TV is a 1080p signal.

Framepacked 3D (MVC) isn't twice the vertical resolution. It's 1920x1080 times 2 frames. It also contains data that will trigger the display to 3D mode automatically.

Frame packed and mvc are two different things. Frame packed is an output method, mvc is an encoding method.

Frame packed means literally packing two frames in one. The most common way is outputting an over under image for left and right with a 45 pixel border in between. It results in an image with a resolution 1920x2205. That is sent to the display device, and the display device converts it to a 1920x1080 image with double the frame rate before outputting.

Mvc is an encoding method for 3d that is also referred to as 2d plus delta, where the two images, left and right, are expected to have a lot of similarities and overlap, and therefore only the differences are stored for the second image. It only helps with compression of the media file, does not affect output.

If i understand correctly, you are saying that a specific Panasonic TV can recognize hsbs3d with different media players tested. However a specific Panasonic projector cannot (with only xbmc tested). And you are assuming that xbmc is doing something wrong. I hope you see the problem with that assumption. If I were you, I would test other players with the projector first and see if it recognizes hsbs at all. Or refer to the user manual. I'm sure a feature like that would be advertised. Maybe it just needs to be turned on in the settings. I would be surprised if xbmc is at fault in this case because as you said it, the display device does image analysis and does not rely on any extra info from the media player.
(2014-12-18, 15:16)aptalca Wrote:
(2014-12-18, 00:58)Batiatus Wrote: My dad's Panasonic plasma changes to 3D automatically for HSBS after a short time "analyzing" the image. The projector I'm using is a Panasonic PTAE8000. Both are/were Panny's top of the line units at the same time. If one switches, the other should as well. this works when playing SBS files through any media player in full screen regardless of their naming tags or through broadcast TV when all that's actually getting to the TV is a 1080p signal.

Framepacked 3D (MVC) isn't twice the vertical resolution. It's 1920x1080 times 2 frames. It also contains data that will trigger the display to 3D mode automatically.

Frame packed and mvc are two different things. Frame packed is an output method, mvc is an encoding method.

Frame packed means literally packing two frames in one. The most common way is outputting an over under image for left and right with a 45 pixel border in between. It results in an image with a resolution 1920x2205. That is sent to the display device, and the display device converts it to a 1920x1080 image with double the frame rate before outputting.

Mvc is an encoding method for 3d that is also referred to as 2d plus delta, where the two images, left and right, are expected to have a lot of similarities and overlap, and therefore only the differences are stored for the second image. It only helps with compression of the media file, does not affect output.

If i understand correctly, you are saying that a specific Panasonic TV can recognize hsbs3d with different media players tested. However a specific Panasonic projector cannot (with only xbmc tested). And you are assuming that xbmc is doing something wrong. I hope you see the problem with that assumption. If I were you, I would test other players with the projector first and see if it recognizes hsbs at all. Or refer to the user manual. I'm sure a feature like that would be advertised. Maybe it just needs to be turned on in the settings. I would be surprised if xbmc is at fault in this case because as you said it, the display device does image analysis and does not rely on any extra info from the media player.

I never said XBMC was at fault for not auto-switching the projector, just that it's something I need to figure out. XBMC auto-switches to HSBS (but with a VERY annoying on-screen notification which IS XBMC's fault and I've asked about having it turned off as an option with no response) but getting the projector to auto-switch isn't because of XBMC itself. I need more time to play with it and go through settings and codecs and so-on. It's just difficult to do when it's not MY set-up but rather a shit-ton of free work I've been doing for a friend who's been less than helpful or enthusiastic to get this entire project complete. That, coupled with everything else RL has thrown at me just compounds the issue.I appreciate you offering advice and assistance. The 3D issues will be resolved in some manner, just takes time and trail-and-error.

The integration of the Vera Z-wave controls with CE is what I most need help/advice with in this forum though. Almost everything else with CE runs flawlessly to this point. I keep hoping to have progresed far enough with the construction to put together a demo video and show off what's been done to this point but alas... I can only do so much for someone who seems more content to sit on their butt than put in a good 2 weeks of effort and hire 1 pro to do some finish work I'm not skilled enough for.

Apologies for the rant as well.
Has anyone got this working on XBMC Gotham 13.2 running on an Amazon Fire TV? Everytime I try to run this addon, it crashes XBMC and restarts XBMC.

I have Cinema Experience running on XBMC Gotham 13.2 running on Window 7 Ultimate x64 and it works just fine every time?
I have been using Cinema Experience on a 2 year old version of XBMC with Aeon Nox frontend and it has worked great.

XMBC started popping up windows telling me version was ancient and I should upgrade, so I did upgrade today to the most recent release candidate.

I have reinstalled and setup Aeon Nox and also Cinema Experience.

This might be more a question for the Aeon Nox forum and not this one, but now when I view the movie info screen, the little "CINEMA" button that used to launch the cinema experience is not there.

The plugin is enabled and setup.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Looks like it moved under the + section.
Looks like the script hangs in Kodi Helox 14.0. Gets to the feature presentation intro, which I have set as random THX trailers, tries to play it as an audio file then ends right after. No audio trailer. No movie. No theater outro. And it doesn't randomize any of the video slots other than trailers.

Running the 3D script does work as it should though.
I haven't tested extensively, but I have had the plugin crash in the middle of the feature presentation twice since upgrading to Helix. I am using MPC-HC as an external player but have not experienced the same issue with the Gotham iteration. The movie plays for a half-hour or more and then crashes.

I can produce a Pastebin debug log if desired.
I am using openelec with Kodi RC3 and I found a weird bug. When you set the paths for the files in CE, sometimes Kodi lets you brows the local disks, and sometimes it let's your brows through SMB. There is no consistency. Also, if for example I choose "1 random video" and brows to the folder, I can only see the local drives (No SMB option). However, if I choose "Single Video/Playlist" and brows for the file, I now have an (smb) option. When choosing the location of the trivia files, I can NOT see (SMB) but in this case, not only do I see the local drives, but I also see the drives and paths I have added to Kodi through "File Manager". These paths do not show up under any of the other choices. It's not even consistent in the "Trivia" section as when I choose "Trivia Intro", I have (SMB) access, but no longer the extra paths added in "File Manager"..

There must be some inconstancy in the coding?

At any rate, as my video files are located on a NAS, I can only run the the trivia, and "single" video options. I do not have the option to use "Random Video". Still pretty cool, but just figured I would bring it up. Smile
So with Kodi out now is there a new version or one that works with Kodi?
Hi everybody,

I enjoy the "cinema experience" plugin, but can not make it work with third party plugins e.g. "PleXBMC". The Option "Cinema Experience" (Movie Information / Back Row Skin) does nothing, while its fine the local database.

Its also anoying I have to press "I" on my keyboard within "PleXBMC" to get that window.

Klaatu
Has anyone ever tried video slides for the trivia section? Im not even sure if it was possible yet. But here is my samples of a proposed set if we could get it to work.

Wow those look amazing. But wouldn't it be way to much work to create them compared to trivia stills using templates with the same background? The authors would most likely want to charge a lot judging by the amount of time and effort required
(2014-12-30, 14:56)circo Wrote: Has anyone ever tried video slides for the trivia section? Im not even sure if it was possible yet. But here is my samples of a proposed set if we could get it to work.

I can tell you for sure that it's not supported. Yet. This and some kind of web based trivia with templates (to automatically pull down new and corrected content) are two ideas that I proposed to giftie a while back. I know he has been hard at work on a complete rewrite of the script as well as maintaining this one, and that real life got in the way of progress a few months back. I'm not sure where he is with moving trivia, but I know it's in a long list of feature requests for him.

These look fantastic, circo. I'll hit you up shortly via email about the other things we're discussing.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2014-12-30, 15:23)aptalca Wrote: Wow those look amazing. But wouldn't it be way to much work to create them compared to trivia stills using templates with the same background? The authors would most likely want to charge a lot judging by the amount of time and effort required

Actually I could probably do the entire 100 in a couple of weekends. I'm not asking anyone else to do this, I just like doing this kind of thing. Smile

Also youtube truely ruins these, quality on originals much better
hello! I wonder if in the near future you think adding another stream sources for the trailers, including french sites? I have found only the apple movie trailer in the addon.
  • 268(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24