Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 270(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2015-01-08, 16:21)rmilyard Wrote: So no one else is having this issue? Seems strange I would be the only one. It's making using CE basically not an options since most of the files and music don't play for me. The other day someone over watching me test it out comments looks amazing but without sound what is the point?

Do the trailers and other videos have sound if you play them through Kodi on their own?
(2015-01-09, 00:24)Batiatus Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 16:21)rmilyard Wrote: So no one else is having this issue? Seems strange I would be the only one. It's making using CE basically not an options since most of the files and music don't play for me. The other day someone over watching me test it out comments looks amazing but without sound what is the point?

Do the trailers and other videos have sound if you play them through Kodi on their own?

Yes they do.
(2015-01-09, 00:37)rmilyard Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 00:24)Batiatus Wrote:

Yes they do.

No idea then. Have you tried doing a fresh install? Not ideal but often times fixes what ever is glitching.
(2014-12-10, 01:56)Gunshot Wrote: Hi Giftie

Ive recently started getting an error for cinema.experience when my xbmc starts up. Its only started a few weeks ago, and Its been working fine up until now.

Even though an error message comes up when XBMC starts, the addon still appears to work ok.

My setup is XBMC 13.2 Gotham, running on an Android MX box. Im using Aeon Nox skin.

The full log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/EcVf6Wq0

I believe the error can be seen on lines 792 - 803.

08:28:04 T:1757791920 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'log'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/service.py", line 22, in <module>
settings = settings()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/settings.py", line 22, in __init__
utils.log( 'settings() - __init__' )
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'log'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

GS

I'm getting the exact same error when XBMC starts up, using Aeon MQ5 skin in Gotham and looks like I'm on version 4.0.10 of Cinema Experience. Any ideas on the cause?
Seems CE 4.0.10 doesn't load Intermission video's. Anyone else noticed this?

/edit
Neither with version 4.0.13
I'm trying to figure out how to make an intro video that i created play every single time i play a movie on XBMC. Is that possible with CE?

Example:

Start XBMC -> Choose Movie -> Intro Video Plays -> Movie Starts
That is very possible. You will need to specify one video to play and then use the override play button feature.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Can anyone explain how to create a queue that uses CE and am I correct that intermission videos only play when using a playlist (multiple movies)?

/edit:
According code it seems Intermission videos is indeed only used when there are multiple items queued (still haven't figured out yet how to do that and use CE with it)

Code:
# create the playlist
            self.playlist = xbmc.PlayList( xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO )
            # Check to see if multiple features have been set in settings
            # if multiple features is greater than 1(not a single feature)
            # add the intermission videos and audio files for the 2, third, etc movies
            if self.playlistsize > 1:
                if extra_settings[ "intermission_video" ] > 0 or extra_settings[  "intermission_audio" ] or extra_settings[ "intermission_ratings" ]:

Is there a way to also see this when there is only a single movie in queue (change code ?)

I would like to display a sort of "silence your mobile" video before the countdown/movie starts.
Guys, I love this plugin - it adds a real sense of occasion to my movie nights. Was wondering if it possible to send control commands via RS232 using Cinema Experience? I'd like to start simply by getting CE to send a 'switch on' command to my Projector then pause while the projector warms up and screen drops down (screen is on 12v trigger) before starting the rest of the CE script.

If that's possible, I can see other applications that I'd like to delve into: as all my movies have the aspect ratio information in the relevant .nfo file, could CE parse this info, then depending on whether the movie is 16:9 or 2:35:1, send a zoom lens instruction to the PJ (screen is 2.35:1 and I have to manually zoom out to fill it with a 'scope movie).

PJ is a Mitsubishi HC-5500, and a full list of RS232 commands for it are here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/bu/pro...hc5500.pdf
Probably fixing something broken until it works, then fixing it some more until it breaks again.
(2015-01-13, 03:11)RagnaroktA Wrote: That is very possible. You will need to specify one video to play and then use the override play button feature.

Thanks! So use "Special Videos" set the "Movie Theater Intro Clips" to the video i want....and the select the override player button option in Misc section?
Exactly. Any one of the videos play before the feature.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Photo 
(2015-01-13, 15:34)RagnaroktA Wrote: Exactly. Any one of the videos play before the feature.

I just tried this and it did not seem to work. The movie just starts like normal. What else could I be missing? I'm using the latest stable Kodi release. These are my settings for CE:

@merkaba
It says that it may not work for everyone,

Try a skin that has CE support. Aeon Nox for example.
CE is then located in the movie info screen under the plus sign.
(2015-01-13, 17:27)schumi2004 Wrote: @merkaba
It says that it may not work for everyone,

Try a skin that has CE support. Aeon Nox for example.
CE is then located in the movie info screen under the plus sign.

EDIT:
I found how how to make this work.
right click movie -> movie information -> + sign -> cinema experience

Is there a way to make this easier? I saw a video on youtube where someone had a "cinema" section below their movies (photo below) where it loads the movie automatically into cinema mode. That would be awesome.

link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unn5YYRf1ds

I have version 13.2 gotham installed - and everytime I turn on cinema experience - XBMC freezes. Is there a way for me to "upgrade" to the 4.0.13 version of cinema experience?
  • 270(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24