Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 271(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Noticed Giftie logged in today. When last I looked he hadn't been online in many months. Hope he sees this thread still going, hoping for his well return and any possible insight as to the future of the best add-on XBMC/Kodi can have.
Has anyone found any 3D videos for RealD 3D?

I found a site with a bunch of downloads called the RealD resource or something, but the files don't seem 'simple' enough to use within CE. Would like to run a "put on your glasses now" RealD promo before my 3D trailers begin.
(2015-01-15, 23:44)C.Taylor Wrote: Has anyone found any 3D videos for RealD 3D?

I found a site with a bunch of downloads called the RealD resource or something, but the files don't seem 'simple' enough to use within CE. Would like to run a "put on your glasses now" RealD promo before my 3D trailers begin.
hit up the cinemavision.org guys - they can help with this for you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-01-16, 14:49)bry- Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 23:44)C.Taylor Wrote: Has anyone found any 3D videos for RealD 3D?

hit up the cinemavision.org guys - they can help with this for you.

I can make my own intros, and have already done so. I'm looking for the actual RealD 3D intros in 3D to integrate into my CE set-up now.
Deleted wrong thread
I'm running 4.0.10 and when I go to the plugin update, there are no updates available. But I see 4.0.13 at github. Why isn't the plugin update working from within XBMC 12.3?
My home automation script only seems to trigger on movie start, nothing else.
The Movie start trigger works flawlessly.

* I have version v4.0.10 (latest, available through the add-on's).. Maybe add an explanation to the Wiki page how to use the latest version from github instead?!
* All home automation triggers are set to true (except 3D).

DialogVideoInfo.xml (relevant part):
Code:
<control type="button" id="14">
                                                <description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
                                                <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
                                                <label>Cinema</label>
                                                <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                                                <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                                                <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
                                        </control>

home_automation.py (relevant parts):

Added:
Code:
import subprocess

(...)
Code:
# Movie
        elif trigger == "Movie" and ha_settings[ "ha_movie" ]:.
            # place code below this line
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "1", "off"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "2", "off"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "3", "off"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "4", "off"])
            pass
        # Feature Presentation Outro
        elif trigger == "Feature Presentation Outro" and ha_settings[ "ha_fpv_outro" ]:
            pass
        # Movie Theatre Intro
        elif trigger == "Movie Theatre Outro" and ha_settings[ "ha_mte_outro" ]:.
            pass
        # Intermission
        elif trigger == "Intermission" and ha_settings[ "ha_intermission" ]:.
            pass
        # Script End
        elif trigger == "Script End" and ha_settings[ "ha_script_end" ]:.
            pass
        # Paused
        elif trigger == "Pause" and ha_settings[ "ha_paused" ]:.
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "1", "on"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "2", "on"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "3", "on"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "4", "on"])
            pass
        # Resumed
        elif trigger == "Resume" and ha_settings[ "ha_resumed" ]:.
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "1", "off"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "2", "off"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "3", "off"])
            subprocess.check_call(["sudo","/home/pi/433mhzforrpi/kaku", "H", "4", "off"])
            pass
        else:
            utils.log( " - [ home_automation.py ] - Opps. Something happened", xbmc.LOGNOTICE )
<EOF>

settings.xml:
<setting id="ha_3d_intro" value="false" />
<setting id="ha_3d_outro" value="false" />
<setting id="ha_3d_trailer" value="false" />
<setting id="ha_audio_format" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_cav_intro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_cav_outro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_countdown_video" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_fpv_intro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_fpv_outro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_intermission" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_movie" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_mpaa_rating" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_mte_intro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_mte_outro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_multi_trigger" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_paused" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_resumed" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_script_end" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_script_start" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_trailer_start" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_trivia_intro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_trivia_outro" value="true" />
<setting id="ha_trivia_start" value="true" />

Logging
I have the feeling that it occurs because of an error soon after starting a video through CinemaExperience.
Log file of this error:
http://pastebin.com/5NYLbPmG

Also, I notice that my trigger_list.txt only contains one entry, namely ['Movie']. Not sure if this means anything though..

Kodi version
Code:
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (14.0 Git:2014-12-24-e044d5a-dirty). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Dec 24 2014 by GCC 4.7.1 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.2.21 (197141)
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Running on Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy), kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.12.31
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: FFmpeg statically linked, version: Frodo_alpha5-13937-ge044d5a-xbmc-2.4.4-Helix
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Host CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l), 1 core available
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: ARM Features: Neon disabled
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/kodi
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /home/pi/.kodi/userdata
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /home/pi/.kodi
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: /home/pi/.kodi/temp
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: The executable running is: /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/kodi/kodi.bin
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Local hostname: raspbmc
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: Log File is located: /home/pi/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
19:34:42 T:3037995008  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I love cinemaexperience! Smile
-Stu.
I LOVE Cinema Experience, it is the reason I use Kodi in the first place!

I actually haven't used my set up in a while, nor have I updated things (I know, I know), but I have a question.

The feature I love is how it is able to pull and stream trailers from the internet. What I'm wondering, especially for projector setups, is whether you can specify the aspect ratios of the trailers coming in. On my projector, when I am going to watch a 2.35:1 movie (or similar aspect ratio), I adjust the lens shift and zoom to fit my 2.35:1 screen. Of course, if a trailer is 1.85:1 or 16:9, it won't show properly when I do this. Is there a setting in Cinema Experience to make it such that it only shows 2.35:1 ratio trailers or makes them fit within a 2.35:1 image? Or is that not possible given the information received from the site where the trailers are pulled from?

Thanks!
(2015-01-15, 00:20)Batiatus Wrote: Noticed Giftie logged in today. When last I looked he hadn't been online in many months. Hope he sees this thread still going, hoping for his well return and any possible insight as to the future of the best add-on XBMC/Kodi can have.

I've noticed his account has logged in a few times. Perhaps he's just automatically accessing this site when he logs onto the internet or maybe he's browsing through. If you are out there reading this Giftie, send us a sign you are doing ok!

I've been looking into the code a little bit trying to see how things work as I'd like to begin intergrating Dolby Atmos trailers for the proper films but I'm not sure i've got a proper working understanding of things yet.

Also, does anyone else get the right-scroll to the next movie when selecting CE like it used to do in Frodo? That had been fixed for Gotham but seems to be back again.
Cinema Experience has been crashing since today causing XBMC to go to a black screen, I tried deleting and reinstall. I tried solving the issue myself, but I have no idea what to look for.

I created a debug http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=415574
I have been getting crashes as well. My set-up is not traditional, however. I am using MPC-BE as an external player and have all of the preview videos set to play with DVDPlayer. It is the feature presentation that crashes. The debug log says the xbmc gui is failing. I have lost my gui settings once by stopping the video before the crash occurs.

This is using Kodi 14.1.

Pastebin log:
http://pastebin.com/tweu04kb
anybody up a runing yet ?

Even tried uninstall going back to frodo stiil nothing .. i dont understand tho why everyone seems to be haveing problem isnt cinema experiance a stand alone script?
i can understand when everyone updated to helix but why wouldnt this still work with older ver like frodo?
For those of you having crashes with the current version I suggest trying the version on GitHub.
Go HERE, click on the "Download ZIP" button and save to your computer.
In Kodi uninstall CE 4.0.10, then install the new one by going to Add-ons and select "Install from zip file".
The GitHub version shows as 3.0.12 on my Kodi install.
Because of this I had to change auto update to notify in the left pane of Add-ons.
Also the script folder for this version is called "script.cinema.experience-master".
So I had to copy over my "home_automation.py" file.

This is just my two cents and what happened to solve my issues.

Edit: Corrected GitHub version number.
trying this now let you know if it works Thanks for your help
Still no go all i get is a flash then back to xbmc
  • 271(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24