Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 273(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2015-02-17, 18:53)andrewf Wrote: Phew....well that's page 220 to here caught up at last...3 large post its with tips I didn't know but no answer to my query..so here goes..

CE works fine for my 2D movies. Having just got DVDFab I've now added in a 3D version of Gravity to test and sadly cant get everything to work.

Currently when I select a 3D movie, I have feature presentation, ratings and audio set up just to test - 2D folders and 3D folders.

The script starts and it does recognise that I playing a 3D movie and it shows all of these in SBS mode, however all it shows are videos from my 2D folders and then the film in 3D sbs......?? It misses all my 3D intros, rating and audio videos....

I've set everything up but perhaps I have the wrong folders or naming conventions so can I confirm...

Film is Gravity.bluray.3d.sbs.mkv - Kodi recognises and plays in SBS correctly in normal and CE modes Smile

Ratings - I have in 3D from Cinemavision site- I've changed to AVI extension from MP4 and placed in their own folder called Ratings 3D, then sub folder for UK just as I have for 2D films. Then in that folder I have eg PG.AVI. Is this right? I've tried PG.3d.sbs.AVI too but that didn't get picked up either. I have the 3D section of the script pointing to this folder.

Confused whether the script needs to recognise that the extras such as Ratings are in 3D from including 3D.sbs like I do for my movies or whether it just sets up in sbs viewing mode (my set method) knowing I have a 3D movie in play as seems to be the case?

Also how does the script know to choose the 3D files in stead of the 2D ones?

I wondered whether I need to have all 2D disabled for the 3D only parts to work? But then slides are not in 3D and I wouldn't want to lose them just cause I am watching a 3D movie.....

Audio and Intro videos have the same issue as above and so same question

Cheers Andy

hi

Anyone any tips on my query above...still cant get it to recognise my 3D ratings, audio etc...only the film itself?

Cheers Andy
Hi There,
Is there a skin that automatically displays Cinema Play option without having to go to the movie information menu?
Thank you so much!
(2015-02-25, 06:05)jw6412 Wrote: Hi There,
Is there a skin that automatically displays Cinema Play option without having to go to the movie information menu?
Thank you so much!

You can use the "Override Play Button" option to have it default to CE.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
hey
do "local folder" trailers work for you?
I mapped a folder, but trailers are always being streamed from the internet. When I choose Apple trailers, they don't work at all. I'm using the version from git, 'cause the version from repo immediatley chrashes when a movie starts.
(2015-02-16, 13:33)Maza Wrote: I have some new info regarding the freezing issue that that some people including myself experience see log http://pastebin.com/h6ZeLxN4
It seems that the cinema experience script won't lock up if start Kodi and play a video file first.

Start Kodi play movie using Cinema Experience = FAIL

Start Kodi play a video then proceed to play a movie using Cinema Experience and you are good to go.

I don't know why this happens, but it seems to work by playing a video first, please note you don't have to play an entire video just play and stop is sufficient enough.

ok with this "trick" the version from repo works for me, too.
No one here who knows the reason for that strange behaviour?
hi guys. i'm trying to get the home automation portion of the app working so ive got a couple of questions.

firstly, do i need to copy the homeautomation.py script anywhere or does it automatically create itself?

secondly, i'm struggling to use the xbmc event reciever within eventghost, is it possible to use the xbmc2 plugin? keep getting the error:

str(url_xbmc)
connection error

is this be something to do with the fact that im using the most up to date version of kodi?

thanks in advanced
I have not gotten this to work, every time I click the cin ex button kodi freezes and I have to reboot my computer to get it going again. I am trying to play a random intro video before my main movie and that is all I want from cin ex. I have my folders set up videos > coming attractions intro > videos in here. that did not work. I also tried videos > coming attractions intro ( and also in videos folder) audio > dolby folder, dolbytruehd folder, dts folder, dtshd-ma folder, other folder. I have tried placing the videos in these various audio folders and same no go. the movies are avi files and I don't know what audio format they are, they are two channel mixes. do I need to include the other 9 folders in my directory even though I will not be using those features (ex. trivia intro folder?). any ideas? Sad

edit: I should have read the post just above this Big Grin I can confirm that it is happening to me too. I am using MQ5 btw. if I start a movie, stop it, then hit cin ex button it will play my intro movie. it seems to be not playing a random vid, just the same one over and over, but I will play around with the file system and hopefully fix that (fixed, had it right all along just needed to restart it).
Hi there!
I am trying to get Cinema Experience to talk with EventGhost... but I am not having much luck.
Does anyone know what python commands I need to put into the home automation script to fire JSON-PRC notifications?

I tried this (just as a test):

xbmc.executeJSONRPC({"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.NotifyAll", "params": {"sender":"PTVL","message":"PseudoTV_Live: Channel Name - Comedy Movies"}, "id": 1})

...but the Cinema Experience wouldn't start, so I guess I am doing it wrong.

Does anyone know how to get this working?

Cheers,
Dan

P.S. I looked at the instructions here...
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Cinema_Expe...ntegration
...but I think they are out of date, as the EventGhost plugin uses JSON now.
I've asked a bunch of times for those who've set up CE with their home automation for some direction. So far, no dice Sad
i think that the instructions are extremely out of date, i would say that the homeautomation.py script is probably out of date to some extent too.
Hi guys,

here is a brief question from a beginner. :-)
I'm trying desperately to speak with my LIGHTMANAGER PRO with a URL.
If the main movie starts, the following URL should be called:

http://192.168.0.250/control?key=10

I tried it this way:

elif trigger == "Movie" and ha_settings[ "ha_movie" ]:
urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.0.250/control?key=10')
pass

When I call the URL in a browser on the same pc, the light comes on.
The setting for "triggering when movie starts" ist set.
So what's wrong? :-(

For a tip I would be very grateful!
many greetings
fe-cologne
Does this plugin work in Helix? has it been abandoned? or is it still maintained?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-03-06, 00:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Does this plugin work in Helix? has it been abandoned? or is it still maintained?
It works in Helix. As far as I know it is not abandoned but the developer has been away on personal issues lately
(2015-03-06, 05:18)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 00:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Does this plugin work in Helix? has it been abandoned? or is it still maintained?
It works in Helix. As far as I know it is not abandoned but the developer has been away on personal issues lately

Okay thanks for the info...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Has anyone figured out a way to change the order in which the videos play? I would like to have the countdown video play right before the movie. Like it worked way back when...
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24