Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 276(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2015-04-29, 20:42)greg_p Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 19:12)greg_p Wrote: Any idea how I can delete the CE add-on? When I try to delete (to try and install the github version) I get an error message saying that I cant because its in use by my MQ5 Skin.

Anyone?
Hi can't you unpack the zip file and add it manually to the C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinema.experience folder or have you tried already.
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

My trailers have stopped working for some reason. Sad
hi
I have just tried cinema experience for the first time in a bit,and ran into the same problems many others are having eg it not working in helix.
So i noticed that when i try to uninstall it defaults to version 3.0.12 this older version works however after a reboot it updates(as it does)back to version 4.0.10 this does not work,back to square one!
I suppose my question is can i disable cinema experience updates alone without having to turn off auto updates in settings for all addons,mybe in advanced settings.

cheers
While in an add-ons settings, press either to the left or up and you will get a sub menu. From there you will see the add-on disable option.
So your "downgrade" is worknig fine?
thanks ill give a try and let you know.
Yes the downgrade seems ok, i have 2 trailers and couple of intros eg dolby,dts and an texas instruments trailer for my home cinema.
all play fine although the apple trailers seem to buffer a bit more than usual.if i remember correctly i used to use youtube trailers but cant remember how to get them working even though i have youtube installed,if anyone could push in the right direction with that i would be very gratefull.
hi,just looked at that.the disable add-on setting you mentioned does indeed turn off" "all" add-on updates,i was looking to just turn off the cinema experience add-on update alone as in my first post.thanks anyway.
I've just set this up on Helix 14.2. Works like a charm.
"I've just set this up on Helix 14.2. Works like a charm."

did you use the older version?
I've been working on my install for CE on Helix and so far it's gone pretty well. I'm very happy, overall. I've noticed a challenge and I'm not sure how I can help debug it but I'd like to take it on somehow as it's somewhat important to me. I love audio format demos and I've noticed that mine are being skipped (where they were once working back in the dark ages of Gotham). Can someone point me in the right direction and at least give me a place to start looking? FWIW I'm also not getting my ratings videos - maybe I can hit both of them?

Thanks guys for the great work! This is my favorite add-on by far!
Are any of you encountering this issue with 'Override play button' active:
When I press play on a file in my library, the CE scripting runs through the correct processes, but when the movie starts, it tries to play the first movie (listed alphabetically) in my collection. For instance, when I scroll to Godzilla and press play, I get the correct intros & trailers, but when the movie starts, it plays Annabelle.
This happens on all the files in my library.
For something that has 104 pages, and been around so long, I expected a bit more polished add on. I have been using XBMC since my first install in an actual Xbox way badk. I have upgraded with each and every new release. I have just over 3,000 movies ripped to a server hard drive array. I access those through Windows SMB networking to 3 different computers, and 2 tablets in the house. I am a computer tech, MS certified, and the head of my companies IT department. I can program in VB .net and have done tons of AutoIt scripts and VB scripts for Home Automation, and for the CarPC software that I wrote. All in all I am just saying I am not new to computers.

Firstly, I read the entire Wiki pertaining to all settings, and how things work. I started before that with a pretty nice run through of the features on a Tutorial Video on Youtube.

I have worked on this for many hours tonight, and for the first test, it ran a few of the trivia questions, but out of order. I have 100% ensured that they are named in the correct convention, and actually renamed my files to match the example slides.xml (EA: stills20_q.jpg stills20_a.jpg) 3 hours of struggling, and It still 100% randomly shows slides in no particular order. That is at least in the one in 4 times that it does not completely crash Kodi. There is no way to stop the script that I have found once it starts. It should look for a key press to abort the script. I have reset all settings to default many, many, many times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the add on a couple times. No luck.

So, quite a few hours wasted, I moved on, and turned off the trivia completely, and gave trailers a shot. I figured that would at least bee neat to have a couple trailers play before the movie starts. I set them to stream, and a count of 2 trailers. When I run Cinema Experience through Transparency skin, it stays on the list of movies for about 10 seconds, and then just starts the selected movie. I then set it to download the trailers, and set a folder for the files. Still nothing......

All in all not a pleasurable experience trying to use this....
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-05-11, 10:28)JohnWPB Wrote: For something that has 104 pages, and been around so long, I expected a bit more polished add on. I have been using XBMC since my first install in an actual Xbox way badk. I have upgraded with each and every new release. I have just over 3,000 movies ripped to a server hard drive array. I access those through Windows SMB networking to 3 different computers, and 2 tablets in the house. I am a computer tech, MS certified, and the head of my companies IT department. I can program in VB .net and have done tons of AutoIt scripts and VB scripts for Home Automation, and for the CarPC software that I wrote. All in all I am just saying I am not new to computers.

Firstly, I read the entire Wiki pertaining to all settings, and how things work. I started before that with a pretty nice run through of the features on a Tutorial Video on Youtube.

I have worked on this for many hours tonight, and for the first test, it ran a few of the trivia questions, but out of order. I have 100% ensured that they are named in the correct convention, and actually renamed my files to match the example slides.xml (EA: stills20_q.jpg stills20_a.jpg) 3 hours of struggling, and It still 100% randomly shows slides in no particular order. That is at least in the one in 4 times that it does not completely crash Kodi. There is no way to stop the script that I have found once it starts. It should look for a key press to abort the script. I have reset all settings to default many, many, many times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the add on a couple times. No luck.

So, quite a few hours wasted, I moved on, and turned off the trivia completely, and gave trailers a shot. I figured that would at least bee neat to have a couple trailers play before the movie starts. I set them to stream, and a count of 2 trailers. When I run Cinema Experience through Transparency skin, it stays on the list of movies for about 10 seconds, and then just starts the selected movie. I then set it to download the trailers, and set a folder for the files. Still nothing......

All in all not a pleasurable experience trying to use this....

LOL

I came to XBMC BECAUSE of Cinema Experience and have NEVER had issues with it running trailers and intro videos. For someone who's been around longer to have only now found this add-on, come in and bitch about your inability to use it is actually quite funny. Never mind the again supposed research you've done to use slides but how you've failed to realize the author of this script has been MIA for quite some time and no one else has taken up the mantle to fork the add-on and continue to develop it.

In other words, your long sob story gets no sympathy from me.
(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: For someone who's been around longer to have only now found this add-on, come in and bitch about your inability to use it is actually quite funny

Hmmm I guess it's just me and my "inability" to use an Add on, and is most certainly because I did not know about it years ago.

On the other hand.... here are a few posts from just the past page and a half of this thread. It seems there are a bunch of people with the inability to use a computer........

(2015-05-01, 06:08)Chrislaw Wrote: My trailers have stopped working for some reason. Sad

(2015-05-02, 20:52)lucas22 Wrote: I have just tried cinema experience for the first time in a bit,and ran into the same problems many others are having eg it not working in helix.

(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: do "local folder" trailers work for you? I mapped a folder, but trailers are always being streamed from the internet. When I choose Apple trailers, they don't work at all.

(2015-02-28, 22:59)itsratso Wrote: I have not gotten this to work, every time I click the cin ex button kodi freezes and I have to reboot my computer to get it going again.

(2015-04-07, 13:02)Doc.AB Wrote: Issue: When using MPC-HC as external player in Kodi with Transparency!, Cinema Experience causes Kodi to hang.

(2015-05-01, 06:08)Chrislaw Wrote: My trailers have stopped working for some reason. Sad

(2015-05-02, 20:52)lucas22 Wrote: hi
I have just tried cinema experience for the first time in a bit,and ran into the same problems many others are having eg it not working in helix.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-05-11, 21:37)JohnWPB Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: For someone who's been around longer to have only now found this add-on, come in and bitch about your inability to use it is actually quite funny

Hmmm I guess it's just me and my "inability" to use an Add on, and is most certainly because I did not know about it years ago.

On the other hand.... here are a few posts from just the past page and a half of this thread. It seems there are a bunch of people with the inability to use a computer........

(2015-05-02, 20:52)lucas22 Wrote: I have just tried cinema experience for the first time in a bit,and ran into the same problems many others are having eg it not working in helix.

(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: do "local folder" trailers work for you? I mapped a folder, but trailers are always being streamed from the internet. When I choose Apple trailers, they don't work at all.

(2015-02-28, 22:59)itsratso Wrote: I have not gotten this to work, every time I click the cin ex button kodi freezes and I have to reboot my computer to get it going again.

(2015-04-07, 13:02)Doc.AB Wrote: Issue: When using MPC-HC as external player in Kodi with Transparency!, Cinema Experience causes Kodi to hang.

(2015-05-02, 20:52)lucas22 Wrote: hi

Using external players, trying to stream from various sites (which has always been at the discretion of the site) and the same person having the same inability to do something posted over and over. Yay. CE works fine for me. Much better than any app you've produced to do the same.

You showed up in this thread bragging about how awesome and smrt you are then did nothing but complain. Not like you said you were having troubles and asked for help. All you did is say how disappointed you are that the add-on isn't polished enough for you. Well it worked fine before and still does for the most part. It just doesn't do EVERYTHING that everyone wants it to, and it might conflict with the myriad of systems people are trying to use it on. So yes, most of these problems are user error. And those that aren't, well, Giftie appears to be gone so either accept what it is and work with it or get your scripting knowledge in gear and write your own version.

Trailers and intros work fine for me, in Isengard 15.0 Beta1, on 4 different HTPC's. And I am happy this add-on was created in the first place and hope Giftie is doing well where ever he is.
(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: You showed up in this thread bragging about how awesome and smrt you are then did nothing but complain.

You certainly took that the wrong way. I was not bragging, or at least I was not intending to brag in any way about how "Awesome and smart" I am. I was just establishing that I am no newbie to computers. A bit of background to show I am competent when it computers is all.

I may have come across strong, and I apologize for that. I spent around 5 hours, and felt like I was banging my head against a wall trying to get it to function. I was frustrated when I made that post for sure Wink For that I apologize.

I spent a couple more hours today, and still nadda. At this point, It is something that I really do not need, just more of a novelty I guess.

(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: CE works fine for me. Much better than any app you've produced to do the same.

That could be debated Wink Sure, a different category all together, but quite a bit more complex:

http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-skins/...-12-a.html

That project actually started 8 years earlier

• 276(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24