Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 277(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2015-05-11, 23:05)JohnWPB Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: You showed up in this thread bragging about how awesome and smrt you are then did nothing but complain.

You certainly took that the wrong way. I was not bragging, or at least I was not intending to brag in any way about how "Awesome and smart" I am. I was just establishing that I am no newbie to computers. A bit of background to show I am competent when it computers is all.

I may have come across strong, and I apologize for that. I spent around 5 hours, and felt like I was banging my head against a wall trying to get it to function. I was frustrated when I made that post for sure Wink For that I apologize.

I spent a couple more hours today, and still nadda. At this point, It is something that I really do not need, just more of a novelty I guess.

(2015-02-26, 23:18)horstepipe Wrote: CE works fine for me. Much better than any app you've produced to do the same.

That could be debated Wink Sure, a different category all together, but quite a bit more complex:

http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-skins/...-12-a.html

That project actually started 8 years earlier

I didn't take anything the wrong way. You listed an entire paragraph of your "credentials" right after putting down the add-on. Your "background" was you bragging about how smart you are and how "unpolished" this add-on is in your expert opinion. You could have very easily come in and said you are having some difficulties with this or that but instead you put down CE right off the bat. You make the claim you've read everything but seem to have completely missed very obvious information.

And I'm still waiting for your own CE type add-on to be so expertly written. Doesn't matter what else you've done elsewhere. No one asked for your "expert" opinion on matters outside this thread. So, you have a CE type add-on written for us to rip apart with our opinions or not?

If you've spent hours upon hours trying to get CE to work with Kodi and still nadda, as you say, I question that paragraph you first wrote as I can smell a steaming pile of BS.
In my previous post, I admitted that I was flustered when I made my initial post, and it was a bit of a rant. I then went on to apologize to you for jumping the gun. Your next reply, in which you call me a liar, and full of BS.... what a great person you must be in the real world! I can see you are one to hold a grudge and just a troll looking for an argument. I am done with you, you can move along now and look for another fight elsewhere.
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Let's not turn this thread into a flame war. The bottom line is, several very skilled folks have worked very hard on this add-on. If you're going to criticize their work, make it constructive and not offensive and unhelpful.

If you have problems, ask for help and post a log.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-05-12, 03:48)JohnWPB Wrote: In my previous post, I admitted that I was flustered when I made my initial post, and it was a bit of a rant. I then went on to apologize to you for jumping the gun. Your next reply, in which you call me a liar, and full of BS.... what a great person you must be in the real world! I can see you are one to hold a grudge and just a troll looking for an argument. I am done with you, you can move along now and look for another fight elsewhere.

Your "apology post" began by telling me I read your original post wrong. They you tried to make it about you being frustrated and ranting but it still doesn't change that you started your apology by acting like the tool you were apologizing for.

Don't worry about who I am in the real world. I'm not the one who came into this thread and bragged about my superior abilities and tossed feces at the people who made this add-on because of my own inability to get it to work. You should take a long look in the mirror before making such person judgments about others and therefor your calling me a troll, while still only spewing negativity into this thread, makes me look like an Adonis to how you present yourself.

You are "done with me" beause you feel you got a 1-up on me by "apologizing" when you coildn't help yourself from still acting like a tool. So take your ball and go home. You've not contributed a single thing to this thread in any positive manner and when called on your dick behaviour run away like a typical know-it-all internet bully who's lost the fight they started.
(2015-05-12, 05:04)RagnaroktA Wrote: Let's not turn this thread into a flame war. The bottom line is, several very skilled folks have worked very hard on this add-on. If you're going to criticize their work, make it constructive and not offensive and unhelpful.

If you have problems, ask for help and post a log.

Absolutely. Many people have put in a lot of hard work to create, keep going and help others. We don't need the kind of trash that's been brought in by those trolling to show off their brains then run away when called out for it. Giftie deserves much more respect for what he created. Perhaps it's time I take up the challenge to carry on the great CE add-on in his absence. Wonder were to begin....
Though I have no ETA, I'm working on just that. Once my developer has time (he's currently working on HD HomeRun integration with Kodi and on SiliconDust payroll exclusively), CinemaVision is going to work with him and others to create a branch of CE, and eventually a stand alone plugin with more features that's as user friendly as possible. Stay tuned!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
RagnaroktA, that would be awesome. I discovered CE a few months ago, right around the time Giftie went dark.

Great add on, does what it needs to, but every app can use periodic polishing.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-05-12, 05:04)RagnaroktA Wrote: Let's not turn this thread into a flame war. The bottom line is, several very skilled folks have worked very hard on this add-on. If you're going to criticize their work, make it constructive and not offensive and unhelpful.

You sir are quite right, and very well said. Again, I apologize for my swiftness to rant in my initial post. As I mentioned, I was pretty frustrated when I made that post. It was never my intent so start a flame war with a post about the trouble I was having with an AddOn. I for one can at least say that I have remained polite and rational when re-reading the above posts.

Heck, even in my initial post, I think I the strongest language I used in my initial post was it was not a very pleasurable experience trying to get CE to work Wink

(2015-05-12, 10:46)Batiatus Wrote: Perhaps it's time I take up the challenge to carry on the great CE add-on in his absence.

That sounds fantastic, and I wish you the best of luck. I am sure a lot of us will be thankful for the continued development.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-05-12, 10:46)Batiatus Wrote: Perhaps it's time I take up the challenge to carry on the great CE add-on in his absence.

It would be great if you can add one french site (eg allociné.fr) for the trailer. It was the only reason for me to not use CE. I don't want to manually search for trailer to save on my disc (space not free) and i don't like watching trailer without at least french subtitles.
I was reading some of this.. i can't wait to add this to mine. Where do i go to get all the files? Like all the videos and stuff ... thankyou
(2015-05-14, 00:37)djbubba2002 Wrote: I was reading some of this.. i can't wait to add this to mine. Where do i go to get all the files? Like all the videos and stuff ... thankyou

YouTube, DVD extras and Bluray extras for the videos. Link to slide shows in 2nd post, first page.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thanks
Just go to that site and pay then !! I should get it all . I hope Smile
(2015-05-14, 00:37)djbubba2002 Wrote: Where do i go to get all the files? Like all the videos and stuff ... thankyou

Here are a couple of great resources:

Some intro videos & Trivia

Slides, trivia, box office records, Movie quotes, taglines... Basically the mother load to get anyone started Wink

(2015-05-14, 01:43)JohnWPB Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 00:37)djbubba2002 Wrote: Where do i go to get all the files? Like all the videos and stuff ... thankyou

Here are a couple of great resources:

Some intro videos & Trivia

Slides, trivia, box office records, Movie quotes, taglines... Basically the mother load to get anyone started Wink

Thank you
I am getting everything .
Is there anywhere to get the OLD stuff like back in 1990 stuff
This stuff will look Good on my movie screen outside 214 inche screen i got 3 weeks ago Smile go big or go home lol
(2015-05-12, 14:37)RagnaroktA Wrote: Though I have no ETA, I'm working on just that. Once my developer has time (he's currently working on HD HomeRun integration with Kodi and on SiliconDust payroll exclusively), CinemaVision is going to work with him and others to create a branch of CE, and eventually a stand alone plugin with more features that's as user friendly as possible. Stay tuned!

That sounds promising. How far along in development are you?

I have a ton of questions and suggestions so if you'd prefer to converse through PM just send one my way. I'd like to help out if I can but I'm barely a beginner when it comes to Python. However, it there's anything I can do, I'd like to contribute.
  • 277(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24