Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 150(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Does it freeze every time? It looks to be a bug in XBMC's threading, though I thought this one was fixed in Eden since I think it was caught before Eden was released. I know Eden is locking up, not the script, so there is not much more than reporting it to XBMC dev's and hope for a solution. I know they are working on another big change to the addon engine which may have higher priority, since it may fix these errors from happening. Though since it's not been pushed into master just yet, it might get looked at.

I'll see if I can reproduce and submit my findings to XBMC's Trac.
(2012-04-29, 22:11)giftie Wrote: Does it freeze every time?
Just tried starting CE with five different movies, and XBMC crashed every time.

(2012-04-29, 22:11)giftie Wrote: I'll see if I can reproduce and submit my findings to XBMC's Trac.
Great, thanks Giftie. In the meantime, I'll give HD-Trailers.NET Downloader a try.
@giftie. I should have the trailers script up for testing in a few weeks. We need to get together to make sure it ties in with CE.

It has a service script to background download trailers.

From my brief reading I like how much you've done with this.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
nuka you're back :-)

great to see you again
(2012-04-30, 07:52)Nuka1195 Wrote: @giftie. I should have the trailers script up for testing in a few weeks. We need to get together to make sure it ties in with CE.

It has a service script to background download trailers.

From my brief reading I like how much you've done with this.

As you might have notice(or not) I moved the development to GitHub, I think it works better for development.

https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema.experience
Hello!
Just a quick post to say two things...
1) This plug-in is excellent - it really makes our movie nights feel like a trip to the cinema! Nice work!
2) I have a few ideas that might be fun to implement using the skin engine...

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the skin engine to show ratings screens with the movie's actual name on them?
If it is, I would be super happy to put my design & skinning skills to work on this!

Also, it would be cool if the trivia slides were generated from the movies on your system - you could pull the fan art, and then scrape trivia from IMDB.
Again, I would be happy to lend my limited skinning & scripting skills to this functionality.

Smile

Dan
Can anyone tell me if this script works well on XBMC Frodo (12.0) Huh

Thansk
Concidering Frodo has not been released yet, it's hard to say.. It should still work fine with Nightlies since they haven't changed how Addons interact with XBMC(yet)

Use the release on the first page.
I've been using a site called Vipid to make some cool intro videos.
You can quickly create nice spoofs of famous intros for your family cinema...
If anyone else has the last name Taylor, you may enjoy this one.
Smile
Dan
ok.. i switched to aeon mq3 and i set cinema experience as one of my addins on the shortcut menu.. and i get this error.

any ideas?
what error?
what a fail by me.. hah

http://pastebin.com/V3m7s6xP
How are you starting it from the Home Window? Never mind... You can't just add Cinema Exprience as a Favorite Addon, it won't work. The reason why is that the default start method is from the Movie Info Screen. Adding it to as a Favorite cause the script to start, expecting to be on the desired movie.

Aeon MQ3 has integration from the Home Window already. You need to go into Skin Settings -> Shortcuts/Backdrops -> Scroll until Movies is displayed -> press Down to bring up the sub menu -> scroll until you see Cinema Ex(it should have a red underline) -> click on it -> select Activate -> then move to the right to leave the menu. Now Cinema Experience can be started from the Movies sub menu. Cinema Experience will start up using the Query Mode(where you need to Queue the move for it to start, 0(zero) on most remotes, Q on a keyboard)
(2012-05-03, 06:41)giftie Wrote: How are you starting it from the Home Window? Never mind... You can't just add Cinema Exprience as a Favorite Addon, it won't work. The reason why is that the default start method is from the Movie Info Screen. Adding it to as a Favorite cause the script to start, expecting to be on the desired movie.

Aeon MQ3 has integration from the Home Window already. You need to go into Skin Settings -> Shortcuts/Backdrops -> Scroll until Movies is displayed -> press Down to bring up the sub menu -> scroll until you see Cinema Ex(it should have a red underline) -> click on it -> select Activate -> then move to the right to leave the menu. Now Cinema Experience can be started from the Movies sub menu. Cinema Experience will start up using the Query Mode(where you need to Queue the move for it to start, 0(zero) on most remotes, Q on a keyboard)

thanks for this.

my question is.. since it's available in the movies sub menu.. is there anyway to get it onto the actual main menu? i.e replacing movies? that would be just awesome...
Video 
Love this plugin! I made myself a "Cinema Intro" video based off the original AppleTV intro video, except instead of it landing on the AppleTV logo it lands on my own. To be clear, everything before the "schlemtheater" logo appears is Apple's original video, and everything while it's on screen is what I made. It's also very easy to edit for your own logo if you have After Effects on your machine, so if anybody wants the AE project I'd be more than happy to post it.

http://www.johnschlemmer.com/schlemtheat...r_h264.mov

P.S. I compressed the hell out of this thing to post it to the web so you'll see a lot of gradient banding.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24