Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 280(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2015-06-19, 10:26)Levi59 Wrote: I used CE some time ago but as i don't want to search and download for new trailer each week, I configured CE to display random trailer but the problem was that they were all in English but mostly there were no subtitles ... So it quickly became annoying.

Since I expect that a language option for the video or subtitles is added ... It would be great if so.

Well, the good news is, the developer we hired wrote a YouTube download module that handles resolving URLs from a few hundred websites, and the site you mentioned is supported. We'll need to figure out how best to gather the URLs for the actual trailer pages, and that can be easy or difficult depending on the site in question. What we want to do is make this add-on as simple as possible, with as little configuration as possible. That said, I know that we can allow you to manually add in streaming trailers from a URL with the video module in the add-on (all of that will be clear when you all see it), but we're not sure how to automate scraping and playing trailers in different languages from non-standard (i.e. YouTube, Apple Trailers) websites. I've added it to our feature board, but it may not get attention until after we've released the add-on, so get prepped for initial disappointment. Wink

(2015-06-19, 11:57)kgian Wrote: I use CE to display 2 random trailers before the movie and a sound intro according to the sound format the movie uses. The random trailers buffer heavily before starting and sometimes during playback stop and buffer again. When I play the same trailers through the apple trailers addon they play straight without any prior buffering. I have 12mbps stable connection.

Personally, I'm hoping that by essentially re-writing CE from the ground up, we'll be optimizing code and eliminating issues. Truly, we won't know until we start to test it. I occasionally have buffering issues myself. It really depends on the type of connection you have, and how much bandwidth any other services (TV for example) using the same internet connection is using at the time you're buffering videos. I'm hoping this will be a non-issue, but we'll have to wait and see.

(2015-06-19, 17:45)JohnWPB Wrote: That is FANTASTIC news! This is a SOLID add-On for Kodi. In my opinion, this is something that should be included with the core app, and maintained on my the Kodi team. Many thanks to giftie for getting the ball rolling, and it now looks like it is in good hands again!

This has always been my personal favorite add-on for Kodi, so much so that it inspired me to create ridiculous amounts of content for it. Big Grin Now that we have a team of folks contributing and an exciting (and so far invaluable) new partnership with EmuMovies, we're able to do neat things like this add-on and helping with hosting websites for folks in the Kodi community. Nuka1195 and giftie have done an incredible job with this add-on. I know giftie was busy dealing with real life the last time I spoke to him, and we'd like to see his vision become a staple of Kodi (and Kodi based entertainment platforms) and the community as a whole.

The guy developing this add-on for us recently created an add-on that you all might recognize from the front page of the Kodi website. He's a member of the Kodi team, so he knows how to squeeze every ounce of performance and beauty out of Kodi.

(2015-06-19, 21:34)C.Taylor Wrote: Shhhhhhh! Don't say that the Kodi team should do anything that would benefit all sorts of people. They'll call you greedy and selfish for it!

Shhhhhhh! A Kodi team member is the one making this add-on more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Well if it's an all-might Kodi dev team member, let us all bow to their omnipotent greatness!

All kidding aside, have you put any thought into the audio format videos. Specifically Dolby Atmos and the coming Auro3D and dtsX?

I ask with no demand, no attitude and no intention to begin any stupid internet fight that people seem to love to engange in here. I am simply asking if there has been thought to it and would like to further inquire that if so, how would the system identify the need to play an Atmos trailer in place of a Dolby TrueHD trailer the way CE currently does.

If you don't have any concrete answer that is fine. If it's something new for you to consider I hope it sparks a good idea and doesn't cause too much of a headache. If there's anyway I can be of further assistance I'm happy to do what I am capable of doing.

And in the interest of keeping all peace in the galaxy I offer you a gift - these 2 droids.

Both are hard working and will serve you well.

P.S.

If you feel there is a better place to pose questions about your secrete project I'd be happy to explore that option as well.

And cheers to where ever Giftie is.
(2015-06-20, 10:59)C.Taylor Wrote: All kidding aside, have you put any thought into the audio format videos. Specifically Dolby Atmos and the coming Auro3D and dtsX?

I ask with no demand, no attitude and no intention to begin any stupid internet fight that people seem to love to engange in here. I am simply asking if there has been thought to it and would like to further inquire that if so, how would the system identify the need to play an Atmos trailer in place of a Dolby TrueHD trailer the way CE currently does.

If you don't have any concrete answer that is fine. If it's something new for you to consider I hope it sparks a good idea and doesn't cause too much of a headache. If there's anyway I can be of further assistance I'm happy to do what I am capable of doing.

We have! We noticed that Kodi freaked out when we used the raw M2TS files and would occasionally result in choppy playback for the audio format bumper, ruining the experience. To fix that, we have sourced audio format bumpers from demo-world.eu and converted each of them to MP4 (to give Kodi something very easy to handle) while keeping the audio streams 100% intact for each format. This conversion also saved a ton of disk space, an added bonus.

Currently, we plan to support Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTX:X, THX and Auro 3D. Our developer didn't balk at any of the formats being included, so I think we're square. The only thing we're really missing is a bumper for Auro 3D. The only one we've been able to find was 10 minutes long, and was more of a technology showcase than an audio format bumper. That said, Auro 3D videos might not be included in what we have available on the website initially, but will be added when more audio format bumpers show up on demo disks that we can source them from.

I honestly have no idea how the add-on will identify Atmos -vs- TrueHD, or DTS-HD Master Audio -vs- DTS:X. I'm guessing our developer has something up his sleeve. Looking at the initial code, he's already written in identifiers for each format.

(2015-06-20, 10:59)C.Taylor Wrote: If you feel there is a better place to pose questions about your secrete project I'd be happy to explore that option as well.

There is a better place, but we haven't opened the doors just yet. We're hard at work redesigning the CinemaVision.tv website, and the new design includes community features like forums, comment and ratings systems, and eventually collaboration systems for folks who want to collaborate to create new content that they can host on our site free of charge. The doors will open to everyone soon. We've got a few more bugs to iron out before we can, though. We'll also start a new thread here on the Kodi forums once our add-on is in a testable state.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Star 
In anticipation of the updated "Cinema Experience" I have been working on some custom slides for it. They are slides with movie facts, and each contains artwork pertaining to the movie the fact is from. They will be available in HD (1080) as well as 4k (2160). I have just over 150 slides created so far, and am hoping to have 400 to 500 when the project is completed. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than seeing the same slides over and over and over again because there are so few of them in the first place Wink

I contacted CinemaVision, and Scott said that they will be happy to host the images on their site.

Here is an example of one of the slides:

The Full 4k Resolution is available for viewing / download here.

@scott / CinemaVision. Maybe it's time to start a new thread here on the Kodi forums for your new project, as we have pretty much hijacked this thread over the past couple of weeks Smile
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-06-24, 07:04)JohnWPB Wrote: @scott / CinemaVision. Maybe it's time to start a new thread here on the Kodi forums for your new project, as we have pretty much hijacked this thread over the past couple of weeks Smile

As soon as we have a working build, I'll start a thread for the add-on on the Kodi Forums. We'll likely use the CinemaVision.tv forums for testing before that happens, so keep an eye on the site when the doors open.

Hi

Can you please tell me is there a way to automatically let cinema experience run before every movie, when we click on the play button, or do we have to press cinema experience button every time we want the movie to start with cinema experience ?

Thanks
(2015-06-30, 16:13)lionking15 Wrote: Hi

Can you please tell me is there a way to automatically let cinema experience run before every movie, when we click on the play button, or do we have to press cinema experience button every time we want the movie to start with cinema experience ?

Thanks

Configure -> Miscellaneous -> Override Play Button
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thank you for your reply

I have done as you explained, but it only starts the intro on every second or third time i choose a movie...Is there a bug, or is it something i am doing wrong ?

Thank you for your help
The play button override states it might not work well.

What's wrong with having a play and cinema button?
Could we have some news on the progress of the update of Cinema Experience? If I understand it, we would change name to CinemaVision?
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2015-07-06, 17:50)Dave the Minion Wrote: The play button override states it might not work well.

What's wrong with having a play and cinema button?

I agree 100%. Having a button play CE first would be great. My family likes the previews, sound shorts, etc, but not having to drill through a menu too select CE for each movie.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-07-06, 23:27)Levi59 Wrote: Could we have some news on the progress of the update of Cinema Experience? If I understand it, we would change name to CinemaVision?

Cinema Experience is not being re-branded as CinemaVision, we're having an add-on written from the ground up! The work that nuka and giftie have done doesn't appear to be maintained. We wanted to create a great user experience that doesn't require any configuration to work right out of the box, so we decided to find a developer to write us a plugin that we'll make available to the community. We think the Cinema Experience add-on is one of the coolest things that Kodi has to offer, so the aim from the start was to bring it to anyone and everyone. Currently, there's not much to report. We've got most (if not all) of the launch features mapped out, and we're fleshing out the UI as I type this. We have the core beginnings, but it's not yet functional. Most of the work so far has been on back-end components that will drive the add-on itself.

(2015-07-07, 01:54)Carl314 Wrote: I agree 100%. Having a button play CE first would be great. My family likes the previews, sound shorts, etc, but not having to drill through a menu too select CE for each movie.

Cheers, Carl.

You'll find the regular Play and Cinema buttons under the Movie Information screen (press i on the keyboard when a movie is highlighted). The button for Cinema Experience may not be there if your skin doesn't have Cinema Experience integrated into it. There is a feature planned in the CinemaVision plugin to enable CinemaVision to be the default action when playing a video.

(2015-07-07, 04:01)CinemaVision Wrote: You'll find the regular Play and Cinema buttons under the Movie Information screen (press i on the keyboard when a movie is highlighted). The button for Cinema Experience may not be there if your skin doesn't have Cinema Experience integrated into it. There is a feature planned in the CinemaVision plugin to enable CinemaVision to be the default action when playing a video.

That's currently how we access CE - by going to the information screen, moving the cursor to the correct entry (which with my current skin/mod is actually under "more"), and then selecting it. So it's about 4 button pushes, and paying attention to the screen, rather than just hitting one button.

So if you have CV be the default action, that would be great. But while you're deciding features, it would be nice to be able to exclude certain films, such as home movies, from playing previews.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-06-24, 07:04)JohnWPB Wrote: In anticipation of the updated "Cinema Experience" I have been working on some custom slides for it. They are slides with movie facts, and each contains artwork pertaining to the movie the fact is from. They will be available in HD (1080) as well as 4k (2160). I have just over 150 slides created so far, and am hoping to have 400 to 500 when the project is completed. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than seeing the same slides over and over and over again because there are so few of them in the first place Wink

I contacted CinemaVision, and Scott said that they will be happy to host the images on their site.

Here is an example of one of the slides:

The Full 4k Resolution is available for viewing / download here.

@scott / CinemaVision. Maybe it's time to start a new thread here on the Kodi forums for your new project, as we have pretty much hijacked this thread over the past couple of weeks Smile

Man Nice Job ..I can't wait to download this .. Keep it Up ... I love this C.E
Amazing!! I cant wait for the new version you are releasing. I have used the original a lot over the years but the last 12 months or so nothing but problems so i stopped using it altogether. This was my favorite feature of the original XBMC, and if you can get this working again for kodi I would be ecstatic!
Waiting with baited breath for the release.

(2015-06-24, 19:01)CinemaVision Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 07:04)JohnWPB Wrote: @scott / CinemaVision. Maybe it's time to start a new thread here on the Kodi forums for your new project, as we have pretty much hijacked this thread over the past couple of weeks Smile

As soon as we have a working build, I'll start a thread for the add-on on the Kodi Forums. We'll likely use the CinemaVision.tv forums for testing before that happens, so keep an eye on the site when the doors open.
  • 280(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24