Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 282(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
I'm trying for day's now to figure out how to send a http command from within home_automation.py

I'm using a http command to execute an device in homeseer: http://[myipadres]/HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx?function=setdevicebyid&param1=309&param2=ON

if trigger == "Script Start" and ha_settings[ "ha_script_start" ]:
# place code below this line
http://[myipadres]//HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx?function=setdevicebyid&param1=309&param2=ON

myipadres is my local ipadres from Homeseer so no need for username and password

when I enter this url in my browser the device will switch on

is it not possible to fire an url command from within the home_automation.py script?

Any help is very welcome!
Hi all,

I have an issue with the Cinema Experience on Isengard. The first time I start the movie with Cinema Experience, it works. When I want to start another movie with it, nothing happens.

Also, I noticed it doesn't work with Aeon MQ6 when you want to start the movie with Cinema Ex from the main menu.

Any ideas? Thanks
hi guys;

I have put this in for KODI 15.1

<control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

the <label>Cinema</label> button is there but when I click it, it seems like it searches for the movie I am thinking this "<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>" has changed between xbmc and kodi just wondering if anyone here is able to update it for me so this will work?? thanks in advance
Hello all, I love this program and am currently tinkering with the Home_Automation.py script. I'm running this on a OpenElec setup on my RasbPi so to setup the EventGhost does not work in my case. What I'm wanting to know is that when the script part runs and its under one of the triggers can I sent just a URL to be triggered? Example

http://10.1.1.166:8080/CMD?Light_LivRoom...ts_Dim=100

If I can get Kodi to trigger this URL I can get this to run with OpenHAB easily. Anyone with suggestions or input it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I would suggest anyone still using Cinema Experience to migrate over to Cinema Vision. For all the hard work that went into CE the dev's have gone dark with support/advancement for over a year now. CinemaVision is the spiritual successor for CE, it's being developed by a Kodi dev, and while it's still in Beta is working fantastic. Not everything CE does has been implemented to CV yet but it's all coming and it's going to do much, much more.
Thumbs Down 
This post used to be an angry post with pages full of exclamation points about how much this addon didn't work for me at certain points. I was so angry at the time. I'm editing this so that I don't risk getting banned.
(2015-09-13, 03:16)Dave the Minion Wrote: I would suggest anyone still using Cinema Experience to migrate over to Cinema Vision. For all the hard work that went into CE the dev's have gone dark with support/advancement for over a year now. CinemaVision is the spiritual successor for CE, it's being developed by a Kodi dev, and while it's still in Beta is working fantastic. Not everything CE does has been implemented to CV yet but it's all coming and it's going to do much, much more.

I only noticed this post after I posted my angry post with too many exclamation points! I didn't even know about this project! I want this addon now!
Again, sorry for being angry, but that's how I feel right now, and this is the sole reason why I actually created an account in the first place!
Wow, um. Maybe you should edit/delete that terrible post rather than spamming with an apology? Holy crow man, not a good way to start off. CE is still a great add-on, it's just past it's best before date with no further support. Many used it to awesome effect for quite a long time.
I have to agree with Dave, here. Regardless of your personal frustration, a lot of people put a lot of hard work to make Cinema Experience happen for all of us. Those people put tremendous effort into creating and maintaining an add-on that probably has thousands of development hours invested in it, and got nothing in return for their continued effort. A lot of people put an expectation of perfection on things, and get frustrated when it's not quite [insert complaint here]. That expectation, simply put, is unfair. The least we can do as a community is calmly and constructively outline our issues with what people put so much work into creating for us. Until CinemaVision started developing our own add-on six months ago, I had absolutely no idea how much work it took. I'm not even doing the coding and I'm exhausted at the process. In an add-on with the depth of Cinema Experience, or Rom Collection Browser for example, when you fix 3 things, it breaks 20 other things that were working perfectly the day before.

Please edit your post, because frankly I'm worried about you getting banned for content, but mostly because it's disrespectful. The absolute least we can do as a community is prop up and help those who are creating these things for us to use, and offering them to the community at no cost. If we don't, people will not continue developing these add-ons and enhancements, because there's nothing in it for them. Not even a kind word. Cinema Experience filled a void and honestly, set a bar for functionality. Please, if you're going to complain, do so constructively. You can't expect things to get better without you having to contribute to the effort.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
He may have been reported already.... Oops! Blush

As a developer myself, I totally know what it takes to write good software, specially when drives such a financial gain are not there.

I for one think this project is off to a great start and has a lot of potential. I have been using CineExperience for a few years. It is very good. Not perfect, but very good. That did not come over night and it took thousands of man hours to get there.

Cinemavision should be the next level up. I think we all need to support the developers in any way we can to continue progress and make it the best add-on it can possibly be.

Rants like one above followed by a lame apology not withstanding.
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
Especially when he announces that his sole reason for signing up for the message board was to post that...Seriously, creating an account for the sole purpose of criticizing someone who spent their free time to share something with the group is far from cool.
Hey, CE still works great for me. Although I'm closely following the development on the new CV, and I'll probably switch to it once it goes stable and has skin support without manual tweaks.
CV is already pretty stable already and the Rapier skin has built-in support in the development version, which I'm using without any issues.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Sad 
(2015-09-16, 21:31)japes Wrote: Especially when he announces that his sole reason for signing up for the message board was to post that...Seriously, creating an account for the sole purpose of criticizing someone who spent their free time to share something with the group is far from cool.

Am I going to become a laughing stock of the entire world just because of what I did the other day? I will bawl my eyes out and become overly depressed if no one can take me seriously anymore just because of what I did!

On the other hand, what truly happened was that I programmed this addon to play the trailers, but it just skipped over the trailers and that just pissed me off.

I deserve to be sent to an insane asylum just because I made the worst internet rant in history. Sad
(2015-09-18, 03:21)avidsonicfan1991 Wrote: Am I going to become a laughing stock of the entire world just because of what I did the other day? I will bawl my eyes out and become overly depressed if no one can take me seriously anymore just because of what I did!

On the other hand, what truly happened was that I programmed this addon to play the trailers, but it just skipped over the trailers and that just pissed me off.

I deserve to be sent to an insane asylum just because I made the worst internet rant in history. Sad

That's a bit dramatic, I think. Wink It's not about people laughing at you, it's about a community keeping you in check for being disrespectful. I'm going to assume that a lesson was learned, and I'm sure everyone is perfectly happy to just move forward. Please remember to be respectful, especially to those who contribute to the community. We've all been frustrated, and we've all let it get the best of us. In situations like that, it's better to be critical in a helpful way that isn't inflammatory. That's really what it boils down to.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
  • 282(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24