Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 283(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
eh I feel a ban should have been in order. Heck I was banned for telling a leech to piss the fuck off when their first and only post was asking for an account to use. This guy went and bashed a dev as well as an add-on in a much more dramatic way.
Sad 
(2015-09-18, 14:45)bry- Wrote: eh I feel a ban should have been in order. Heck I was banned for telling a leech to piss the fuck off when their first and only post was asking for an account to use. This guy went and bashed a dev as well as an add-on in a much more dramatic way.

You hate me! You just hate me! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SadSadSad

I am going to kill myself right now because of what I did!

Goodbye everyone! No one will miss me!
Thank you again Giftie and everyone else who contributed to the awesome app CE has been. Where ever you all are now.
Sorry for seeking attention, but I really am a bad person for hating the developers and yelling on the forum! I truly am! Kill me right now!
Sad 
(2015-09-19, 05:50)Dave the Minion Wrote: Thank you again Giftie and everyone else who contributed to the awesome app CE has been. Where ever you all are now.

Cheer me up right now! Everyone is saying I deserve to be banned for yelling on the forum! I deserve to die! Sad
I think you should stop posting until you have something constructive to post about, such as a legitimate question about this addon.

Please keep in mind that every time you post here, the many people subscribed to the thread are getting notifications. They are not interested in reading your rants about killing yourself, which has absolutely nothing to do with the addon.

Consider this friendly advice from a long time follower of this thread.

Just let it go.

Thanks
Hi all, great work on this so far - but having trouble loading ratings videos.

My DB has been scraped with BBFC ratings, and I have all the files in the correct folder, but it's not finding them? Is there a special name they should be called? At the moment they are U.avi, PG.avi, 12.avi, etc but it doesn't find them?

My log is http://paste.osmc.io/ewusohajev if that helps anyone...

Also, I've tried to use the xbmc library as a source for trailers, but it never finds anything - even when I get it to include watched films. Any ideas on the cause of that? Seems to work absolutely fine with the Apple Trailers (newest) option though...
Hi all.
I'm running the latest stable OSMC on a RPI2. I also have a arduino mega with a ethernet connection running a simple webserver which controls the LED lighting in my living room.

The server is very simple. Basically if I type in the IP address EG http://192.xxx.x.x:8080/?allonhalf from a browser on my local network, it turns on my led lighting at half brightness.

I was looking at the "Cinema experience" plugin but I couldn't see a way of being able to put that url in for say "At movie start".

Please could someone kindly point me in the right direction so I can square this circle!

Thanks in advance.
Hi all, just posting about something which may be of interest to you all. On my RPi + OSMC setup, I wanted to play trailers for the films I have on my drive. The YouTube buffering was frustrating, so I've made a little bash script that will scan your movie list and download YouTube trailers for all films to a local directory.

I know there are other trailer downloaders out there, but none so lightweight, and nothing that would happily run on my Raspberry Pi. So I made it myself!

https://github.com/CategoryQ/QYTTS

I imagine someone else may get some use from this.
Guys, this add-on is dead. Cinema Vision is the spiritual successor.
(2015-10-13, 14:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Guys, this add-on is dead. Cinema Vision is the spiritual successor.
How is that a constructive post? I have XBMC 13 on my AFTV running the Ace skin along with CE and it works perfectly. Reading through posts from others with AFTV and newer versions of Kodi seems it doesn't always work out too well, so I've stuck with what works and works well.
So how is this add-on dead? If it's dead, then a dead add-on works perfectly in my home theater. I have no plans to update every other month my programs.
Thanks to all who have posted here with tips, and help when needed. I love my XBMC setup and the great CE experience is loved by all my visitors. Can't even get CV to be an official addon to work with many skins at all yet, so why "experiment"?
(2015-10-16, 21:27)MychaelP Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 14:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Guys, this add-on is dead. Cinema Vision is the spiritual successor.
How is that a constructive post? I have XBMC 13 on my AFTV running the Ace skin along with CE and it works perfectly. Reading through posts from others with AFTV and newer versions of Kodi seems it doesn't always work out too well, so I've stuck with what works and works well.
So how is this add-on dead? If it's dead, then a dead add-on works perfectly in my home theater. I have no plans to update every other month my programs.
Thanks to all who have posted here with tips, and help when needed. I love my XBMC setup and the great CE experience is loved by all my visitors. Can't even get CV to be an official addon to work with many skins at all yet, so why "experiment"?

By "dead" he means that giftie, who maintained Cinema Experience, has been MIA for quite some time and has not been updating CE for use with the later versions of Kodi. That's not to say CE doesn't work, but it hasn't been maintained. Personally, I just hope giftie is alright. His disappearance was pretty sudden. Of course, you're absolutely welcome to use whatever you want. I think HomeTheatreGuru was expressing his opinion, while trying to help users who may be running newer versions of Kodi that have known issues with CE. I'm not sure what issues folks have with Kodi 15 on Amazon Fire TV, but the few users we have using Fire TV don't seem to have any issues.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, to be honest. CinemaVision is still in beta, a stable beta, but a beta nonetheless. You can't expect skinners with stable skins to immediately add support for a beta add-on that, until recently, has been in a constant state of change. We'll be submitting to the official Kodi Repository soon, and I'd expect skins to add support after that. We already have several skins that support CV in the current state, including Aeon MQ6, Arctic: Zephyr, Mimic, Rapier and that list keeps growing. Not to mention that in Kodi 15+, with the CinemaVision Launcher add-on you don't have to rely on skin support anymore.

What we did with CinemaVision is what I personally talked to giftie about doing with CE before he disappeared. Last we talked, he was working on a complete rewrite using some of our ideas. We've done our absolute best to carry on that legacy and frankly, I don't appreciate you flaming what we've all worked very hard to build. If you have something constructive to say, feel free to respond.

This is not the place, or the way to go about addressing whatever loyalty you have to a particular add-on. There's no competition here between CE and CV, and I personally consider giftie a friend, and an asset to this community.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I mean, last Gotham stable release was in August of 2014. If you choose to stay with older versions of software you are in the minorty. As long as it works and works well for you continue to enjoy it. Do keep in mind that while you stick with old versions development is going to continue to move forward.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Very well said, Scott! That's exactly what I meant.
  • 283(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24