Trivia Intro Fixed
Cartoon Video Option
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
[Show Results]

[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
MychaelP Offline
My point about the add-on not being dead appears to not have been stated properly and I apologize about that.
I really did not feel the term "Dead" meant it simply wasn't being worked on anymore. I usually associated "Dead" with done, not used, not alive, or useless. When I look for a deal and it's not available, I see the term "Dead" noted.
I simply wanted to point out that the add-on works, and works great for me. The new "replacement" for this add-on may be great one day, but right now most won't be able to use it easily.
Again, I apologize to those who may have misunderstood, and I most likely did not state my thoughts very well. I can admit that.
find quote
HomeTheatreGuru Offline
(2015-10-18 21:15)MychaelP Wrote:  I simply wanted to point out that the add-on works, and works great for me. The new "replacement" for this add-on may be great one day, but right now most won't be able to use it easily.

Trouble is that CE will be dropped completely as skins update over time.

Aeon MQ6 just released their latest beta skin and amongst other changes it says in the change-log that CE has been removed completely while CV was added as a replacement. So CV is now officially integrated into the skin and CE is gone. Other skins are likely to do the same.

For you to stick with CE inevitably means that you will eventually be unable to update your skin. Hence, there is no point updating your existing CE setup unless you want to be left behind.
(This post was last modified: 2015-10-19 04:35 by HomeTheatreGuru.)
find quote
matt0 Offline
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all involved in CE over the years. I haven't been an 'active' member of the community but have quietly used all the help in getting my setup running a dream for the last couple of years.
find quote
giftie Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2015-10-16 21:44)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:  
(2015-10-16 21:27)MychaelP Wrote:  
(2015-10-13 14:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:  Guys, this add-on is dead. Cinema Vision is the spiritual successor.
How is that a constructive post? I have XBMC 13 on my AFTV running the Ace skin along with CE and it works perfectly. Reading through posts from others with AFTV and newer versions of Kodi seems it doesn't always work out too well, so I've stuck with what works and works well.
So how is this add-on dead? If it's dead, then a dead add-on works perfectly in my home theater. I have no plans to update every other month my programs.
Thanks to all who have posted here with tips, and help when needed. I love my XBMC setup and the great CE experience is loved by all my visitors. Can't even get CV to be an official addon to work with many skins at all yet, so why "experiment"?

By "dead" he means that giftie, who maintained Cinema Experience, has been MIA for quite some time and has not been updating CE for use with the later versions of Kodi. That's not to say CE doesn't work, but it hasn't been maintained. Personally, I just hope giftie is alright. His disappearance was pretty sudden. Of course, you're absolutely welcome to use whatever you want. I think HomeTheatreGuru was expressing his opinion, while trying to help users who may be running newer versions of Kodi that have known issues with CE. I'm not sure what issues folks have with Kodi 15 on Amazon Fire TV, but the few users we have using Fire TV don't seem to have any issues.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, to be honest. CinemaVision is still in beta, a stable beta, but a beta nonetheless. You can't expect skinners with stable skins to immediately add support for a beta add-on that, until recently, has been in a constant state of change. We'll be submitting to the official Kodi Repository soon, and I'd expect skins to add support after that. We already have several skins that support CV in the current state, including Aeon MQ6, Arctic: Zephyr, Mimic, Rapier and that list keeps growing. Not to mention that in Kodi 15+, with the CinemaVision Launcher add-on you don't have to rely on skin support anymore.

What we did with CinemaVision is what I personally talked to giftie about doing with CE before he disappeared. Last we talked, he was working on a complete rewrite using some of our ideas. We've done our absolute best to carry on that legacy and frankly, I don't appreciate you flaming what we've all worked very hard to build. If you have something constructive to say, feel free to respond.

This is not the place, or the way to go about addressing whatever loyalty you have to a particular add-on. There's no competition here between CE and CV, and I personally consider giftie a friend, and an asset to this community.
Happy to say I'm still alive and kicking, not much time to program anymore though.. Happy for someone to provide a continuation of providing the feel of the cinema at home..

[Image: e4f63e45ba34fe4695b3bb08eb2499d8e4ee484e...4c076g.jpg]
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first you can also use XBMC Log Uploader Script.
Cinema Experience
Cinema Experience Wiki
cdART Manager
fanart.tv

find quote
CinemaVision-Scott Offline
Donor
(2016-01-28 07:32)giftie Wrote:  Happy to say I'm still alive and kicking, not much time to program anymore though.. Happy for someone to provide a continuation of providing the feel of the cinema at home..

So glad you're alright, sir. Just replied to your PM. If you ever get time, and if you're interested, I'd love for you to be a part of CinemaVision. Even if it's lending ideas and not coding, or even nothing at all, you're a part of it if you want to be involved or not. Big Grin Good to have you back!

[Image: b8wvmg]
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Content
find quote
Dave the Minion Offline
Gifite lives! Huzzah!

Good to hear you're still out there. Can't thank you enough for all the work you put into CE as it's lead to so much awesome fun (and horrible frustration) with XBMC/Kodi for me. I sent you a PM awhile ago so feel free to respond if you like.

In your absence Scott has taken the idea of CE and made CV like man walking on the moon from CE's allowing man to fly.
find quote