Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 284(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
My point about the add-on not being dead appears to not have been stated properly and I apologize about that.
I really did not feel the term "Dead" meant it simply wasn't being worked on anymore. I usually associated "Dead" with done, not used, not alive, or useless. When I look for a deal and it's not available, I see the term "Dead" noted.
I simply wanted to point out that the add-on works, and works great for me. The new "replacement" for this add-on may be great one day, but right now most won't be able to use it easily.
Again, I apologize to those who may have misunderstood, and I most likely did not state my thoughts very well. I can admit that.
(2015-10-18, 21:15)MychaelP Wrote: I simply wanted to point out that the add-on works, and works great for me. The new "replacement" for this add-on may be great one day, but right now most won't be able to use it easily.

Trouble is that CE will be dropped completely as skins update over time.

Aeon MQ6 just released their latest beta skin and amongst other changes it says in the change-log that CE has been removed completely while CV was added as a replacement. So CV is now officially integrated into the skin and CE is gone. Other skins are likely to do the same.

For you to stick with CE inevitably means that you will eventually be unable to update your skin. Hence, there is no point updating your existing CE setup unless you want to be left behind.
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all involved in CE over the years. I haven't been an 'active' member of the community but have quietly used all the help in getting my setup running a dream for the last couple of years.
(2015-10-16, 21:44)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 21:27)MychaelP Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 14:46)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Guys, this add-on is dead. Cinema Vision is the spiritual successor.
How is that a constructive post? I have XBMC 13 on my AFTV running the Ace skin along with CE and it works perfectly. Reading through posts from others with AFTV and newer versions of Kodi seems it doesn't always work out too well, so I've stuck with what works and works well.
So how is this add-on dead? If it's dead, then a dead add-on works perfectly in my home theater. I have no plans to update every other month my programs.
Thanks to all who have posted here with tips, and help when needed. I love my XBMC setup and the great CE experience is loved by all my visitors. Can't even get CV to be an official addon to work with many skins at all yet, so why "experiment"?

By "dead" he means that giftie, who maintained Cinema Experience, has been MIA for quite some time and has not been updating CE for use with the later versions of Kodi. That's not to say CE doesn't work, but it hasn't been maintained. Personally, I just hope giftie is alright. His disappearance was pretty sudden. Of course, you're absolutely welcome to use whatever you want. I think HomeTheatreGuru was expressing his opinion, while trying to help users who may be running newer versions of Kodi that have known issues with CE. I'm not sure what issues folks have with Kodi 15 on Amazon Fire TV, but the few users we have using Fire TV don't seem to have any issues.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, to be honest. CinemaVision is still in beta, a stable beta, but a beta nonetheless. You can't expect skinners with stable skins to immediately add support for a beta add-on that, until recently, has been in a constant state of change. We'll be submitting to the official Kodi Repository soon, and I'd expect skins to add support after that. We already have several skins that support CV in the current state, including Aeon MQ6, Arctic: Zephyr, Mimic, Rapier and that list keeps growing. Not to mention that in Kodi 15+, with the CinemaVision Launcher add-on you don't have to rely on skin support anymore.

What we did with CinemaVision is what I personally talked to giftie about doing with CE before he disappeared. Last we talked, he was working on a complete rewrite using some of our ideas. We've done our absolute best to carry on that legacy and frankly, I don't appreciate you flaming what we've all worked very hard to build. If you have something constructive to say, feel free to respond.

This is not the place, or the way to go about addressing whatever loyalty you have to a particular add-on. There's no competition here between CE and CV, and I personally consider giftie a friend, and an asset to this community.
Happy to say I'm still alive and kicking, not much time to program anymore though.. Happy for someone to provide a continuation of providing the feel of the cinema at home..
(2016-01-28, 07:32)giftie Wrote: Happy to say I'm still alive and kicking, not much time to program anymore though.. Happy for someone to provide a continuation of providing the feel of the cinema at home..

So glad you're alright, sir. Just replied to your PM. If you ever get time, and if you're interested, I'd love for you to be a part of CinemaVision. Even if it's lending ideas and not coding, or even nothing at all, you're a part of it if you want to be involved or not. Big Grin Good to have you back!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Gifite lives! Huzzah!

Good to hear you're still out there. Can't thank you enough for all the work you put into CE as it's lead to so much awesome fun (and horrible frustration) with XBMC/Kodi for me. I sent you a PM awhile ago so feel free to respond if you like.

In your absence Scott has taken the idea of CE and made CV like man walking on the moon from CE's allowing man to fly.
I have been using Cinema Experience for quite some time now and I have been streaming the trailers from the internet. Recently I have been having buffering issues and decided to just start placing them on my hard drive so they would stream seamlessly. I am writing a php script to do that (if anyone wants a copy when it is done). However, I am having one problem and that is with the ratings and genre's right now.

When I go to set up Cinema Experience to play the trailers I have have it play them with no restrictions on them. If I set it to play either by genre or rating, it won't play anything. I have over 100 trailers in all sorts of different genre's and ratings but I do no know what I am doing wrong.

Here is an example of my setup:

/trailers is the folder for the trailers
A_Perfect_Day_Trailer-trailer.mov is the movie trailer
A_Perfect_Day_Trailer-trailer.nfo is the movie trailers's xml file.

Inside the .nfo is:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movieinfo id="tt3577624">
<title>A Perfect Day</title>
<quality>N/A</quality>
<runtime>106 min</runtime>
<releasedate>15 Jan 2016</releasedate>
<mpaa>R</mpaa>
<genre>Drama</genre>
<studio>N/A</studio>
<director>Fernando León de Aranoa</director>
<cast></cast>
<plot>A group of aid workers work to resolve a crisis in an armed conflict zone.</plot>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUwNjgzOTQ4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA5OTM2NTE@._V1_SX300.jpg</thumb>
</movieinfo>

I have also tried naming the info file as A_Perfect_Day_Trailer.nfo

Here is another one:

A_Royal_Night_Out_Trailer-trailer.mov
A_Royal_Night_Out_Trailer-trailer.nfo
<movieinfo id="tt1837562">
<title>A Royal Night Out</title>
<quality>N/A</quality>
<runtime>97 min</runtime>
<releasedate>04 Dec 2015</releasedate>
<mpaa>PG-13</mpaa>
<genre>Drama, Romance</genre>
<studio>N/A</studio>
<director>Julian Jarrold</director>
<cast></cast>
<plot>On V.E. Day in 1945, as peace extends across Europe, Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret are allowed out to join the celebrations. It is a night full of excitement, danger and the first flutters of romance.</plot>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNDg4MjE5OTUyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM4NzkyNzE@._V1._CR28,31,698,1031_SY132_CR0,0,89,132_AL_.jpg_V1_SX300.jpg</thumb>
</movieinfo>

On another note, can I have spaces in the file names or am I better off just to use the underscores? this is running on a Linux Ubuntu 14.04 box.

Thanks!
Anthony
Hello,

I have some problems with the latest CE on Kodi 15.2..

Intermissions are checked and the correct path is given, but they were not played.

Altough the rating clips are not played. I put them in .../Ratings/FSK/ and named them 12.AVI, in CE I gave the path ../Ratings/. Are these the correct values?

Thx in advance.
i've been having the same issues, running latest stable kodi on windows 10, out of the blue Cinema Experience will not play coming attractions intro/out nor stream trailers even though the path is correct and had been working fine for some time
(2016-07-09, 11:16)angelkr Wrote: i've been having the same issues, running latest stable kodi on windows 10, out of the blue Cinema Experience will not play coming attractions intro/out nor stream trailers even though the path is correct and had been working fine for some time

Cinema Experience is discontinued. Try CinemaVision instead (see above) .
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
CE finally died on me. RIP. I guess it is time to check out CV.
I'm having trouble getting the Cinema button to work with Confluence in Krypton. The button id="49" version of the suggested code addition to DialogVideo.XML on the Wiki creates a button that cannot be selected or clicked in Krypton 17.1 on FireTV. The version I've seen that uses id="13" creates a working button, but it somehow selects the director or movie information in the list above on the Movie Information page as well. In other words, if I try to start Platoon with the Cinema button, it opens a SEARCH popup window that shows Platoon and clicking on it brings up the same Movie Information page that I just came from. Meanwhile, the Cinema Experience script is running in the background and momentarily the sequence begins. I simply don't want that weird selection of movie search starting also.

I've tried modifying the script with different button ids. None have worked. One person said when Eden came out they had to change button id="13" to button id="14" but that does not work either. Basically, I just want to use Confluence (I hate most of the other Skins I've tried including the new Estuary) and have a button to start a basic audio trailer.

These are the two code bits suggested to put into DialogVideoInfo.XML:

Quote:<control type="button" id="49">
<description>Home Theatre</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

The other one is:

Quote:<control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

The "13" one works but triggers a SEARCH for the movie at the same time. I assume the 13 button designation is somehow responsible for this. id="49" won't let me click on it in the interface.

Cinema Experience's own "Override PLAY Button" does work, but it starts loading the movie, quits doing that and then starts again. I suppose that's still better than it doing a Movie Information search....

The other issue I'm having is that even when it does start, it doesn't appear to recognize the soundtrack type here at all. It always plays "OTHER" (which is where I put my THX videos) instead of Dolby or DTS. I have no idea why it doesn't see the audio type and select an appropriate trailer. I thought about adding some basic intros later, but that's about it. I don't care about Trivia or endless movie trailers, etc. No one I know wants to sit through that crap (one of the most annoying thing about the real movie theater is ads and trailers). But I did enjoy those THX/DTS/Dolby Digital trailers before the movie started. It demonstrates the surround system. The best I can do for now is mix them altogether in "Other" and just let it randomly pick one to play. I don't know if any other Kodi settings affect detection (audio settings?) or not.

I saw the post about Cinema Experience being discontinued, but it's still in the current Repo and CinemaVision seems way more complicated at a glance and trying to find a simple "How to" use it takes you to their web site where they want you to join and pay money before even telling you how to use it and deciding if you like it. All I want is to have it play an audio trailer before the movie starts. I don't need endless scripting complication. Cinema Experience is very simple to set up to do the basics. I don't know if CinemaVision needs a dedicated button also to start or anything, really. The Wiki tells nothing but installation. Their web site claims to have guides, but I guess they're only for subscription paying users.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2016-02-27, 17:52)adenicol Wrote: I have been using Cinema Experience for quite some time now and I have been streaming the trailers from the internet. Recently I have been having buffering issues and decided to just start placing them on my hard drive so they would stream seamlessly. I am writing a php script to do that (if anyone wants a copy when it is done). However, I am having one problem and that is with the ratings and genre's right now.

When I go to set up Cinema Experience to play the trailers I have have it play them with no restrictions on them. If I set it to play either by genre or rating, it won't play anything. I have over 100 trailers in all sorts of different genre's and ratings but I do no know what I am doing wrong.

Here is an example of my setup:

/trailers is the folder for the trailers
A_Perfect_Day_Trailer-trailer.mov is the movie trailer
A_Perfect_Day_Trailer-trailer.nfo is the movie trailers's xml file.

Inside the .nfo is:
<movieinfo id="tt3577624">
<title>A Perfect Day</title>
<quality>N/A</quality>
<runtime>106 min</runtime>
<releasedate>15 Jan 2016</releasedate>
<mpaa>R</mpaa>
<genre>Drama</genre>
<studio>N/A</studio>
<director>Fernando León de Aranoa</director>
<cast></cast>
<plot>A group of aid workers work to resolve a crisis in an armed conflict zone.</plot>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUwNjgzOTQ4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA5OTM2NTE@._V1_SX300.jpg</thumb>
</movieinfo>

I have also tried naming the info file as A_Perfect_Day_Trailer.nfo

Here is another one:

A_Royal_Night_Out_Trailer-trailer.mov
A_Royal_Night_Out_Trailer-trailer.nfo
<movieinfo id="tt1837562">
<title>A Royal Night Out</title>
<quality>N/A</quality>
<runtime>97 min</runtime>
<releasedate>04 Dec 2015</releasedate>
<mpaa>PG-13</mpaa>
<genre>Drama, Romance</genre>
<studio>N/A</studio>
<director>Julian Jarrold</director>
<cast></cast>
<plot>On V.E. Day in 1945, as peace extends across Europe, Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret are allowed out to join the celebrations. It is a night full of excitement, danger and the first flutters of romance.</plot>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNDg4MjE5OTUyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM4NzkyNzE@._V1._CR28,31,698,1031_SY132_CR0,0,89,132_AL_.jpg_V1_SX300.jpg</thumb>
</movieinfo>

On another note, can I have spaces in the file names or am I better off just to use the underscores? this is running on a Linux Ubuntu 14.04 box.

Thanks!
Anthony

I hope CinemaVision adopts this or something similar into it. I download a lot of my trailers and it was easy to do with CE with the genres and all.
I got CinemaVision working after some research, giving it a write directory and letting it set up the folders, unlocking their folders so I could put my own stuff in them and adding my own bumpers from YouTube and the like. There's a launch app that puts it in the right-context menu as well. The only bad things are many preview trailers have "YouTube" links at the end (makes you realize you're not in a real theater) and the KODI "Working" notification in the bottom corner that also reminds you you're not in a theater between trailers, etc. It'd be nice if those could be turned off for "Theater Mode."
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Not to hijack the CE thread again, but I figured it was worth replying to these here. Please try to post CV stuff in the CV thread. I watch that one regularly.

(2017-04-24, 22:06)KrispyKreme Wrote: I hope CinemaVision adopts this or something similar into it. I download a lot of my trailers and it was easy to do with CE with the genres and all.

It's coming, in a pretty big way. We're working on a new version now that will make some major improvements to trailers. We'll be adding the ability to download trailers from several sources in the highest available quality to the %CVROOT%\Trailers directory in the background, or during a content update. That will mostly be useful for folks with slower connections. With that, we'll also add the ability to drop trailers in that directory (named correctly with <movie_name>_trailer.ext) and have them automatically scraped in to the CinemaVision database, which eliminates the need for NFO files. That should be easier on all of you guys.

(2017-04-25, 01:38)VonMagnum Wrote: I got CinemaVision working after some research, giving it a write directory and letting it set up the folders, unlocking their folders so I could put my own stuff in them and adding my own bumpers from YouTube and the like. There's a launch app that puts it in the right-context menu as well. The only bad things are many preview trailers have "YouTube" links at the end (makes you realize you're not in a real theater) and the KODI "Working" notification in the bottom corner that also reminds you you're not in a theater between trailers, etc. It'd be nice if those could be turned off for "Theater Mode."

Hey hey! I wanted to clear a few things up. Big Grin

We do require folks to register on the site, but that's to protect us from bot attacks. You don't have to pay for an account, which gets you access to all of our content in specific qualities, and all of our forums and guides for free. I'd suggest creating an account just for the guides. There's a ton that CinemaVision can do, and I didn't want to gum up the Kodi forums with endless guides, so we created a guide section on the site. CinemaVision runs in Demo Mode by default, which shows a little bit of what it can do without the user needing to set anything up at all. It's expected that users want to run CinemaVision with custom content which just needs to be dropped in the appropriate folder in the CinemaVision content directory that they select. The folders that CinemaVision creates aren't locked in any way. The preview trailers that come from YouTube are actually the default trailers that are scraped into your Kodi library by default. All CinemaVision does is play them, really. We don't have control over what the trailers on YouTube put at the end of their video at all, so I'd suggest using iTunes for your trailer modules instead of the KodiDB scraper. Trailers from iTunes make for a pretty flawless experience. To change that, just disable the other scrapers in your Trailers Module. We have to rely on skins to suppress the busy notifications and popups, sadly. I will tell you, if your skin doesn't support it, we have a guide that outlines exactly how to do it on the CinemaVision website. You can also have your skinner reach out to us, or let us know who it is and we'll try to engage them. I've heard of a few skinners who have added options in the skin settings just for CinemaVision.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
  • 284(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24