Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Also, regarding the icon....We can probably find a better one out there, but I found this through a flickr search which may work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/scypaxpictures/4312189574/

EDIT: I just had a better idea. Early versions of MediaStream (before it was released to the public) contained a ticket stub that said "cinema" on it in the movie views and was pretty snazzy looking. It would be just about perfect I think. It was later decided to remove from the skin. If you talk to Ayala who did the original art for mediastream or to any of the project team members who created the skin, they may be able to get it for you.
Is it possible to remove the requirement (or add an option to remove) of having -trailer at the end of the files?

I'm currently using the HD-Trailers.net trailer downloader - there's no option to append, and renaming the files causes duplicate downloads.

Thanks!
As of tonite with the 1.03 version I am unable to run the HCE. All the intros,trivia,ratings,etc are working but it will play the wrong movie. Not the movie on which I clicked the HCE button on. Anyone else have this? I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of everything in XBMC along with my userbase. Glad I have nfo's in all my files.

Running Darma RC2 with confluence skin on windows 64

pastebin
msderganc - Try the program Bulk Rename Utility http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php It allows you to append to filenames(I use HD-Trailer.net trailer downloader too.)

Harro - Please post your xbmc.log to pastebin. I try to test every aspect of the script a couple of times before I update the repo. but gremlins are sneaky though, they always find a way in.
@giftie - I used that, but then the trailer downloader didn't recognize the filenames as being downloaded, and downloaded duplicates. How did you prevent that? I considered copying them before renaming, but I really want this to be as seamless and automatic as possible.

I've temporarily edited the local scraper to remove the condition of "-trailer", and instead use any video files it finds. Working well, but I'm sure others have the same issue.
In my HD-Trailers.Net Downloader.exe.config I have the following:
PHP Code:
<!--Set to True to add successful downloads to exclusions file and to prevent re-downloading any found in the file-->
    <
add key="UseExclusions" value="true" /> 

this causes the program to create a file called -> HD-Trailers.Net Downloader Exclusions.xml which contains the already downloaded trailers.

The problem with not having the distinction of -trailer the script will play any video files. Some people use this to play trailers found in their movie folders.
Ah, I found the issue with the duplicates. Task Scheduler didn't have a start in folder, so it wasn't seeing the exceptions file. All set now, thanks for your help!
Is there an option to put an intermission video and make the movie play it half way through and continue on the x amount of time?

Thanks
Pang
timdog82001 Wrote:So, an idea occurred to me today for a possible feature of this script. I don't know if any of you now working on the script plan to do much more than get it working and then maintain it, but if so, this may be a worthwhile addition.

What if, as an additional option for those who have limited or no trivia slides of their own, the script could scrape random trivia from IMDB and display that? It wouldn't be question and answer, but they have a lot of interesting tidbits there. See here for an example: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/trivia

If we could just scrape those randomly, then display them over a default trivia background, that would be pretty neat.

Perhaps it would be possible for it to limit the trivia to the top 1000 most popular movies or so. Also, if we looked around, who knows, maybe we could find a good question/answer site for movie trivia to scrape from as well.

Anywho, great job so far guys. I'm very glad to see this script isn't dying.

+1 on this idea. This is a great idea to have xbmc scrape for trivia.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Instead of just scraping randomly, I think it would be best to scrape the movies that you have, and display the fanart for the movie behind the trivia.
pang Wrote:Is there an option to put an intermission video and make the movie play it half way through and continue on the x amount of time?

Thanks
Pang

Pang,
If you asked here and got an answer from Nuka, why would you ask again?!?!?!?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55628&page=88

The answer remains the same a day later.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
msderganc Wrote:Instead of just scraping randomly, I think it would be best to scrape the movies that you have, and display the fanart for the movie behind the trivia.

+1 for this.
That would also make one hell of a screensaver too if anyone is so inclined to come up with that as well.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
As mentioned in the other/old thread, when using a playlist for the music in the trivia portion, the movie will not start. It seems as once the time ends for the slides the screen goes back to just playing the rest of the playlist and nothing ever starts after that. But when using a single mp3 file things work fine. I'm assuming this is what everyone else is seeing?

Is here any way we can have the music trivia part just play a random mp3 from a folder just like it does with choosing videos for all the other sections? That way when we add/take away mp3s we dont have to make a new playlist each time.
Harro Wrote:As of tonite with the 1.03 version I am unable to run the HCE. All the intros,trivia,ratings,etc are working but it will play the wrong movie. Not the movie on which I clicked the HCE button on. Anyone else have this? I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of everything in XBMC along with my userbase. Glad I have nfo's in all my files.

Running Darma RC2 with confluence skin on windows 64

pastebin

Strange. Im not seeing this for my setup. It seems to play the movie I have selected.
I have been thinking about all the ways HCE is implemented in the skins. I have 13 skins installed and looked at each on for how and where HCE is or could be used. I find the Transparency skin has a nice way with a little icon for HCE. But I like to use Confluence and I am sure others have their favorite skin also that does not have support for HCE in the skin.
Thinking about having to fudge around with the xml files to get it to work is fubar.

Question I have is could the addon pass info to the skin?

Let's pretend we enable HCE as an addon in any skin. When we then select a movie to play a pop up box or dialog appears asking to run HCE - yes, no. Simply and yet then all info that had been configured in HCE is started or aborted. My quess would be to tie HCE in with the onclick play or whatever to start the movie commands are.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24