Aqt freezes suddenly..
hi,

not sure if this is the right place to post it, since i dont know what the real problem is, but suddenly after installing a new xbmc (with new mplayer) from 2005-01-02, my xbox hangs when streaming from apples quicktime site using the latest (i think) aqt script.

i have no idea if this is related to the player or something in the script, but it works fine in all other places, but when streaming from there, then it hangs after a little while (10-30 secs usually).

i guess it might be something with the quicktime components of mplayer, but it might also be some configuration issues when it comes to streaming over the net.

if anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong, or any ideas where to look, then please reply.

thanks in advance.
just forgot to add, it really freezes the xbox, nothing i press (other than the real power on/off) does anything, i cant even "reset" using the "open tray" button or anything.

i got a smartxx something mod and no idea atm which bios i am running, but i guess it shouldnt matter since it used to work with my old xbmc, that was dated 2004-12-09 btw.
just to add, i tested with two different precompiled qt codecs, and i get the same result with both of them. (both new)
same problem here... Sad
a week now, and no one has any ideas at all?
it's probably the codecs.
there are still some of the quicktime movies that will crash the mplayer.dll
but if it was just the codecs, more than two people should have the same problem, right?

someone who has a working version and give me a link to it or something, then i can try that and rule out if it has to do with something else than xbmc like the dash etc. i can even mix different versions to see if its codecs or not.
ditto hear as well. i am running a cvs i built on 2-4. i had to copy the codecs over from 1.1 release directory, so for mplayer's sake it is using the 1.1 codecs. i have noticed that if i increase the size of the mplayer cache it will play for longer. no other video related problems with xbmc however. videos works fine. a test might be playing a large qt file out of videos to see if it hangs there as well. all of mine are divx/mpeg so i may try downloading a big trailer and playing it locally to see if it crashes or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aqt freezes suddenly..0