[LINUX] XBMC-live disable wifi radio on Revo 3610?
I have XBMC-live Dharma-RC2 installed and running perfectly on my Acer Revo 3610. In debugging an issue with a wireless device (SONOS zoneplayer) that sits next to my Revo, it has been revealed that there may be interference coming from the Revo. The question is- is there any way, via the OS, to actually disable (power off) the wifi radio on the Revo? I've already investigated disabling wifi at the bios level on the Revo, but there doesn't seem to be anything specifically related to the wireless radio there..
Sorry this is more of a Linux related question, but honestly I'm not even sure what flavor of linux XBMC-live is using, so I thought I'd start here first.

Thanks for any help!
You will want to investigate the name of the wifi module that gets loaded and blacklist it.

/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
I would go the bios way, its the best and safest, though I dont have a revo so I cant tell you.

in some bios wifi is named as RADIO or wifi /on/off so anything that is worded that way...

if bios doesnt have a setting to disable wifi ( i doubt it) but it wouldnt surprise me cause acer as a company is so dim its a freakin blackhole. (personal experience is everything and Ihave enough about acer in UK)

find out what your wifi interface is called.

type sudo ifconfig

that gives you a break down of all interfaces on machine and info about them.
eth0 is your wired lan anything like wlan0 or whatever the adpater is called do

sudo ifconfig wlan0 down

And walla in linux wifi is now disabled... if anyone wants to elaborate who has a revo or make the setting permanet please go ahead.

I dont do acer Im not a sadist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC-live disable wifi radio on Revo 3610?0