• 4(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
@Kode

This is the template that I was using for the clear logos (from old thread), you can see that I prefer to leave a small border around the edge so things do not get cut off.
This is what I think may have been causing my issues where you suggest that they are not bottom aligned.

Have a look and let me know if it is ok, before I start making more.

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?ns1umjcsibmrrhm

I also added the layers of the colours that you want to test against, your right al lot of mine looked crap against the green, couldn't really tell on my laptop before and I didn't notice as the Night theme had a faded black bar behind them.
Got an error trying to approve a clearART:

$#*! My Dad Says, tvdb- 164951 clearART
Quote:Warning: rename(/home/fanart/domains/fanart.tv/public_html/fanart/164951/clearlogo/4d091b007633f.png,/home/fanart/domains/fanart.tv/public_html/fanart/164951/clearlogo/MyDadSays-164951-2.png) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/fanart/domains/fanart.tv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fanart/fanart.php on line 921

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Kode Wrote:Lol, I've just looked at the code, and i actually remember taking out the auto approve on the front end to encourage mods to use the backend, so my mistake, and hopefully that solves everyones problems. If you want want an image to go in the queue upload on the front end, if you want it auto approved upload in the backend

Okay great, Thanks
mcborzu Wrote:Got an error trying to approve a clearART:

$#*! My Dad Says, tvdb- 164951 clearART

Try it now, it should work, let me know.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
UserInterface: your psd looks fine to me, but I'm not the one approving and denying images, i think the only time it will be an issue is when you have the same gap at the top as you have at the bottom, also, if the bottom of the text sits on that line with the drop shadow underneah it you would probably get away with it.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Try it now, it should work, let me know.

perfect, thx...

Moderators correct me if I'm wrong, but we get a lot of submissions that when they are denied, the original author doesn't take on board the comments, fix the issues and reupload.

Looking at the denied list on lockstock and the denied list on fanart.tv, I'm wondering if there is a better way to deal with denied logos, as some of them are very close to being acceptable.

Perhaps when a users image is denied, they have a week to resubmit, after that their image is put on public display with the reasons for it being denied and anyone can have a go at replacing it.

Any thoughts?

Also, when an image is denied, my thinking is if the user replaces the image it replaces the one in the denied list, it goes back through the moderation queue and is treated as a new submission. This will hopefully cut down the denied list and encourage people to fix crappy images.
1. The only way to see uploaded resources is to be logged in and go through the "Requests" area in the backend. This is probably by design, but I'm always dying to click on the area of the home page that mentions how many resources there are for a show. Might be worth opening this up a bit--at least on the tv show's landing page, I'd think.

2. In the backend "Requests" section, can you make the ID column a link to the TVDB page? For extra credit, maybe also a small link after the title in the name column that does a google image search?

3. Still in the backend, if you click on the "pending" image, the server goes off and does something (probably checks to see if the current user is a moderator?), but then returns no change. I'd occasionally like to see what the pending logo is to get an idea if it's likely to get accepted or might be worth doing anyway. If you're hiding them by design, might be worth unlinking them for non-mods to save your server's cycles....
Kode Wrote:Moderators correct me if I'm wrong, but we get a lot of submissions that when they are denied, the original author doesn't take on board the comments, fix the issues and reupload.

Looking at the denied list on lockstock and the denied list on fanart.tv, I'm wondering if there is a better way to deal with denied logos, as some of them are very close to being acceptable.

Perhaps when a users image is denied, they have a week to resubmit, after that their image is put on public display with the reasons for it being denied and anyone can have a go at replacing it.

Any thoughts?

Also, when an image is denied, my thinking is if the user replaces the image it replaces the one in the denied list, it goes back through the moderation queue and is treated as a new submission. This will hopefully cut down the denied list and encourage people to fix crappy images.

This is one of the many reasons that I don't even bother filling in the denial box on some days. If it's a logo from a known member that uploads lots of logos they get a nice filled in message from me 90% of the time. However if the uploader is FredJones0002 (aka some unknown noob) there is almost no chance of him/her even bothering to read the notices. In fact he/she will continue to upload the same shit image over an over again until I get irate and start threatening the lives of his family members. I've been all for releasing the junk logos to the public since day one because there are a few dozen in there that could have been fixed very easily. :p Btw I still want a wall of shame. ^_^
hikaricore Wrote:This is one of the many reasons that I don't even bother filling in the denial box on some days. If it's a logo from a known member that uploads lots of logos they get a nice filled in message from me 90% of the time. However if the uploader is FredJones0002 (aka some unknown noob) there is almost no chance of him/her even bothering to read the notices. In fact he/she will continue to upload the same shit image over an over again until I get irate and start threatening the lives of his family members. I've been all for releasing the junk logos to the public since day one because there are a few dozen in there that could have been fixed very easily. :p Btw I still want a wall of shame. ^_^

+1 for wall of shame (even if i am on it)
Perhaps I'm just an idiot, but I can't seem to figure out how to submit ClearART. I just made one up for Tin Man, but I have no idea how to submit it. Can anyone give me a quick runthrough on how to go about doing that?

EDIT: Definitely an idiot. Found it on the show page. Uploading now. If this gets approved then I'll start working on others.

EDIT2: Suggestion. I noticed when going to upload my art that it says that it needs to be 400x155 (which I believe is not true, based on the tutorial earlier in the thread). Can that be fixed so as to not confuse people?
YodaEXE Wrote:Perhaps I'm just an idiot, but I can't seem to figure out how to submit ClearART. I just made one up for Tin Man, but I have no idea how to submit it. Can anyone give me a quick runthrough on how to go about doing that?

Login

Using Firefox, Chrome or Safari - not sure IE or Opera fixed yet...

Use the search box and type name your show, or tvdb id.

It'll either bring you to the "show page" where, on the right, you can upload. Or it'll bring you search results, click on name of show, then you'll be on the "show page"...

YodaEXE Wrote:EDIT2: Suggestion. I noticed when going to upload my art that it says that it needs to be 400x155 (which I believe is not true, based on the tutorial earlier in the thread). Can that be fixed so as to not confuse people?

I noticed to, site still new so I was going to give it a few days...But yea it's 500x281 for clearARTs

mcborzu Wrote:I noticed to, site still new so I was going to give it a few days...But yea it's 500x281 for clearARTs

Yeah, I realize it's new. Just wanted to make sure something had been said, just to make sure they knew. I know how easy it is to overlook little things when setting up a new website.

EDIT: There, I now have 2 different ClearARTs submitted. If those are accepted I'll keep making more. Just want to make sure that I'm doing it right and that they're acceptable before continuing.
Kode Wrote:UserInterface: your psd looks fine to me, but I'm not the one approving and denying images, i think the only time it will be an issue is when you have the same gap at the top as you have at the bottom, also, if the bottom of the text sits on that line with the drop shadow underneah it you would probably get away with it.

Guys I still get rejected for not being bottom aligned.
I will not make anymore unless someone prvides a template.

I leave 2mm spacer at the bottom so that things do not get cut of on the clearlogos, and to leave room for the drop shadows.

I don't think that that is unrealistic, so please tell me what you want as I just can not be stuffed anymore as it takes me 1 hour to source and create a logo (thats not even for me) and they just get rejected cause noone will bother to spend 1minute to make a template.
UserInterface Wrote:I leave 2mm spacer at the bottom so that things do not get cut of on the clearlogos, and to leave room for the drop shadows.

What I do is make my logo then move to bottom. PS automatically, like a magnet, stop me when I'm at the end.

Then I add my drop shadow, 90 degrees, distance=2, spread=0, size=5

Sometimes that goes too far down. I magnify the image and move up till the shadow is no longer cropped.

Yours logos are just 10-15px too high from the bottom

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4