Streaming to an HDTV?
Hi guys,
i 've just installed XBMC and found it superb using it in my main pc.
Here is what i would like to do:
my main pc is located in my room and connected by ethernet in a wi-fi modem router.
In living room there is an HDTV with ethernet support that is connected to a TP-link TL-WA701.
The tp-link acting as a client, is connected wireless to the wi-fi modem router and delivers internet and lan support to the HDTV.

Is it possible to stream movies from the main pc to the HDTV using XBMC user interface?
XBMC can act as a uPnP server, so if your TV can be a uPnP client it should work. Go into the XBMC settings then Network and enable "Share video and music libraries through uPnP. Note that you need to be using XBMC in library mode not file view.

JR
not quite sure if your tv works with the xmbc server, I#ve installed a htpc with xbmc on linux but also installed minidlna and tvmobily for testing aside to use DLNA, seems to work just fine with my Samsung ...
Best way to stream movies to a HDTV? By far another XBMC computer right next to the TV.

What you want- "having the XBMC interface" - is only possible by buying another computer dedicated to this purpose. I have five now myself.

That is why this forum is full of chatter of people buying and using ION boxes- they make the perfect device to do this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to an HDTV?0