[LINUX] How to enable the LCD?
I installed dharma RC2 but I can not find the option how to enable the LCD. The LCD worked before and I think the LCD option was in settings -> system but it is not there.

LCDd is running and the LCD shows the heartbeat and all but nothing from xbmc. How can I tell xbmc to use the LCD?
I sort of solved it. After manually setting haslcd to true in guisettings.xml the LCD works.

However the option to enable the LCD still does not show up in the settings -> system menu.
I installed Dharma final and there is still no option in the settings to enable a lcd.

I tried bored's workarround, but after a reboot the guisettings.xml has changed to "false" again in the "haslcd" line.

Only LCDProc is showing in the lcd that it is running. I googled the whole www for a solution, but most HowTos talk about setting up the lcd in the system menu. Help! Huh
It's been made hidden, a lot of users turned it on without knowing what it does.
bobo1on1 Wrote:It's been made hidden, a lot of users turned it on without knowing what it does.

So where can I enable it, cause I think I know what I do. Cool
Editing guisettings.xml should work ok, as long as you don't have xbmc running while you edit it.
OK, my fault was to edit the file over a ssh client while xbmc was running.
It works now. Thanks for the help! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] How to enable the LCD?0