File No Longer Available
Hello,

Some videos will not play from library mode. All of my media is on another computer being shared via smb. Win7 is set to file sharing without passwords, and the shared folder is set to allow everyone read permissions.

I'm using the latest xbmc dharma RC. Scraping and everything is working. When I select specific video files to play from the library, I get the error "file is no longer available, would you like to remove it?". But the file itself is still healthy, accesible, ready to be played.

When I exit library mode and navigate to the video file and select play, it plays no problem.

Can anyone help me out? I would be happy to provide more information if I can.
I solved the issue. The issue is unrelated to xbmc.

The drive those media files were on used to be in an external hard drive enclosure, and I wrote to it using ntfs-3g and mac-fuse in osx (the drive was ntfs).

Any files i copied using ntfs-3g + macfuse are the same files that are no longer available in xbmc (and co-incidentally, the exact same files boxee cannot identify by itsef).

My fix was to copy everything off the drive in question to a temporary location, format the drive, and copy the files back (all within Windows, with the drive installed internally).

Everything works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File No Longer Available0