xbmc not seeing all buttons?
I've gotten some of them working, but I had to manually map them. The rest have some odd issues with timing and the like.
Ok I've got it tweaked to my liking after LOTS of trial and error, but it seems certain keys(PGUP, CTRL-ALT-M) do not reverse when I hit them again. Right now the menu key is delivered as CTRL-ALT-M and the OSD pops up. When I hit menu again though, the OSD does not go away. If I hit the escape key it works fine. How do I make it go away when I hit the menu key?
Edit it so that in menu's it closes the window.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
How do I do that?
Look at (but don't modify!) C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml and at line 339 you'll find:

Code:
<VideoOSD>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Close</backspace>
      <escape>Close</escape>
      <m>Close</m>
      <g mod="ctrl">close</g> <!-- MCE Guide button -->
      <i>Info</i>
      <o>CodecInfo</o>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoOSD>

This overrides the default definition of the keypress M so that is executes the action "Close". That way as long as you're not in the OSD an M keypress opens the OSD but when you're in the OSD M closes it.

I recommend using my keymap editor from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ because it makes life easy, but if you want to hand edit your keyboard.xml just press Windows-R and run:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

Add the section VideoOSD and to that section add a key mapping for ctrl-alt-M with the action Close. If you're using my editor select "Detect keypress" and press the button on your remote. The end result should be a keyboard.xml containing:

Code:
<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <videoosd>
    <keyboard>
      <m mod="ctrl,alt">close</m>
    </keyboard>
  </videoosd>
</keymap>

JR
I think that it might be working now.

It looks like the issue is that the remote itself sends some wonky commands. There is a button marked "MENU" on the remote but instead of actually sending "M" it sends "CTRL-SHIFT-M" instead.

I'll post the remote commands that I used, but mine mainly work for video.

I tried your editor, but it always wants to default down to the "personal" section. I can't seem to get it to write to the FS video section or to the main section.
I'm going to post a button listing for this remote b/c of all the whonky stuff it has. Apparently they want you to use their own media center which isn't too nice. The remote itself is rather limited as it only has a few buttons when compared to a standard MCE remote. It does however, behave like a keyboard. I'd love to have the receiver take in more commands but I have no idea how to do that. My next post should be all the buttons and codes so they can be cut and pasted into the keyboard.xml file.
Here's the ones that don't work...there's only two of them:

<m mod="ctrl,shift">osd</m>
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>

IDK why they changed M and E to ctrl-shift-m and ctrl-e
@kruth

I'm having the same issues as you.. can you post what commands you had to edit in to get the pause/play to work (only real button I care about).
Yeah, here's the ones I used:

Global:
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
<m mod="ctrl">FullScreen</m>
<p>Play</p>

Fullscreenvideo:
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
<i mod="ctrl">CodecInfo</i>
Fullscreeninfo:
<e mod="ctrl">Close</e>
My Video Library and Files:
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
Codecinfo:
<e mod="ctrl">Close</e>

These all go in Keyboard.xml. The remote should work with the rest of them.
Thanks kruuth. I didn't have a keyboard.xml file, so I created the following:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
<m mod="ctrl">FullScreen</m>
<p>Play</p>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
<i mod="ctrl">CodecInfo</i>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
<FullScreenInfo>
<keyboard>
<e mod="ctrl">Close</e>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenInfo>

<MyFiles>
<keyboard>
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
</keyboard>
</MyFiles>

<MyVideoLibrary>
<keyboard>
<e mod="ctrl">Info</e>
</keyboard>
</MyVideoLibrary>

</keymap>

Pause/Play still doesnt seem to work using the unified button. Thoughts?

Thanks...
Enable debug logging, press the play/pause button a few times and look in the debug log to see what keypress XBMC is receiving. Alternatively grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use that to see what keypress is being sent.

JR
I have. It seems that the pause/play button sends an APPCOMMAND 14. I think the issue is that it is one button. So if the video is playing, XBMC thinks you are pressing play again. And if its paused, XBMC thinks you are pausing it again.

I think kruuth got around this, he has the same remote as me it seems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc not seeing all buttons?0