Scraper adds everything
Question 
I would be nice if the scraper had an option to add every folder (containing a media file). Even if no info has been found.

For instance I have some danish kids shows on my HTPC that does not get identified by XBMC. When I want to play them, I have to enter "files" and find them manually.
Yes I could add them to "the tvdb". But since there isen't much info on them it will take a long time to add them all and it seems I'm the only one wanting them in the database.

So until then it would be nice just to see them in XBMC's library with e.g. their folder name and a default icon.

Same goes for movies. If a movie has not been properly identified, it will still show up, and you will know that it has to be added or something is missing or wrong with the folder name.

Just a thought
HTPC: Motherboard: Zotac GeForce 8200 ITX - CPU: Athlon 64 X2 5400+ - Memory: 2GB - Harddisk: 160GB - Case: Hiper HMC-1S53A
Software: XBMC nightly / Aeon65 - MySQL - on Windows 7 Professional
Display: LG 32LB75 LCD TV
Storage: 2,32TB homebuilt mini-itx NAS running Freebsd 7
Well I think in the very least, the user should be able to view a list of media which has not been added to the library.

Edit: Thought I might add some back story. I've got about 400 movies sitting on my box, and my system hasn't picked up roughly 20 movies last time I checked. The only way I can see to check which movies weren't found (and add them manually) is to scroll through the list of files until I find the offending videos. If I had a way to view the files that weren't added, this would be a much less tedious process.
Most of the movies not found by one of the scrapers are named improperly. This is not a problem with XBMC but rather with the conventions of scrapers and the simplicity of them. Try renaming files. OR, add the movie to tmdb.org and do it that way...use them as your scraper Wink

On a side note, media not available in the library is accessible through the "Video's List" on most skins - you can add shortcuts and favorites with most, too. To add the integration of movies not in the library could work though.

if (file.library == "0" )
then
display on nonlibrary.xml
end if

HA, I don't know python BUT...you get the just...ask a dev to write a quick script for you or learn python - should be simple enough.
I think I've described what I mean poorly. I know that media unavailable through the library is accessible via the video's list. What I mean is a way to display ONLY the media that isn't in the library - a filter of sorts.

I'm pretty good with Python and would be happy to write something to accomplish this, but I find the XBMC documentation to be quite poor. If someone can point me to some good documentation, I'll look at doing it.
d1ddyp0p: Yes I know that, but thats a secondary problem for me..

TiN-MAN Wrote:For instance I have some danish kids shows on my HTPC that does not get identified by XBMC. When I want to play them, I have to enter "files" and find them manually.

Even though it would be nice to have a way to identify "misspelled" and therefor unidentified movies.
HTPC: Motherboard: Zotac GeForce 8200 ITX - CPU: Athlon 64 X2 5400+ - Memory: 2GB - Harddisk: 160GB - Case: Hiper HMC-1S53A
Software: XBMC nightly / Aeon65 - MySQL - on Windows 7 Professional
Display: LG 32LB75 LCD TV
Storage: 2,32TB homebuilt mini-itx NAS running Freebsd 7
Hiram: just some days ago I made a feature request that would solve the problem of not having a proper overview of files that didn't got scraped correctly; unfortunately I got no response from a dev :/
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87126
Hi Ara1, yes I've noticed that. I get the feeling the developers don't see this feature as particularly important.

I for one thinks it's quite important. It's one of those features that just make using the system much easier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper adds everything0