Will this nettop work for XBMC? Lenovo Q110
So I was lucky enough to score a Lenovo Q110 (1.6ghz SINGLE CORE atom, ION, 320gb hard drive, 2GB ram, Windows Vista) for $99 NEW condition from Lenovo's outlet site yesterday. They sold all 250 in like 5 minutes.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/lenovo-q110

I have a Zotac Zbox with dual core 1.66ghz, 2gb ram, etc. and it works fine.

My concern is that it's only single core. Will this be fast enough to run XBMC in Windows 7?

My requirements:
-Windows 7 (not a fan of linux...not familiar with it, etc)
-SABNZBD running
-FTP server running

These all work fine on my dual core htpc atom setup, but just want to make sure this single core should work fine, now that it supports GPU offloading. Worst case scenario, I could sell and make money off of it, but I'm pretty sure that it should run everything I throw at it with GPU offloading.

Any other users able to post experiences with single core atom chips?
the single core is a little on the slow side, which you will notice esp. with win7 outside of XBMC and with flash content, but it will be okay for your usage just as the revo 1600 and 3600 single core systems were okay to run dedicated XBMC.
I'd still prefer the dharma live system on this baby since you can get the other stuff as add-ons right inside of XBMC.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I already get addons on my windows xbmc with Dharma RC2 - same thing right? I don't plpan on doing flash content, so that won't be a problem. I just use SABNZBD to download/extract, and then use XBMC to play x264 1080p files. Will the menu and navigation be a lot slower then?
no, not noticeably. but honestly, just give the dharma live image a try when you receive it, esp. if you don't plan on doing anything outside of XBMC with win7. really, really nice appliance-like set top box feeling. and you can always dual boot!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
I won't be able to install SABNZBD if using a Live version, right? What exactly is LIVE - just a direct boot into XBMC without the need for an OS, right? An absolute requirement for me is SABNZBD since I download stuff directly to the unit.

:edit: - So I see it's possible to install SABNZBD onto the Live version. Perhaps I'll try this, but it's a lot more complicated than just doing a windows install. Will installing a USB 802.11n wifi dongle work? and then can i set a static IP address for my xbmc live installation?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76182

listen, I don't wanna talk you into anything, just give it a try Wink my personal experience is that with single core atom systems people are simply more happy with the stripped-down linux image than with the full blown win7 experience, particularly when it comes down to overall responsiveness. I just can't promise that HDMI audio will work right out of the box, I'm not experienced with this lenovo box but you could give the board search a try.
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Great - thank you so much for your help! I already have a XBMC setup on Windows 7, and I couldn't be happier (well...I could have a nice Core i3 setup so that Aeon65 ran faster than my grandpa! Smile ) thanks so much!
maybe it's a little off-topic, but is aeon actually still being developed? I really loved that skin last year but I couldn't see any progress or support over the last few months. fucking shame, if you ask me... but then again, I'm quite happy with confluence and it's unbelievable fluidity and responsiveness.
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
tocheeba Wrote:I won't be able to install SABNZBD if using a Live version, right? What exactly is LIVE - just a direct boot into XBMC without the need for an OS, right?

You can use SABNZBD on Live, just look at my sig. XBMC Live is basically XBMC Ubuntu.

With all that said, the poor thing is a single core. First time SABNZBD unrars something your interface will freeze like a Eskimo toilet.

Poofy,

Are you also using sick beard and couch potato under XBMC Live?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will this nettop work for XBMC? Lenovo Q1100