Audio Issues with Acer Revo
So in the rush to set up this Christmas gift, I used an opportunity where the giftee was out of the house to test the setup on their TV.

So far, I've set up XBMC Live entirely with a monitor, I haven't had a chance to test sound.

When I tested it, both through HDMI and through an Optical cable, a strange occurrence happened. AC3 files would play. You could hear the audio perfectly well, though 5.1 sounded very echoey.

Mp3 audio (both Mp3's themselves and videos with MP3 encoded audio) did not have the sound work. I tried doing some searching, but I found people with the opposite problem.

I'm running Dharma, Ubuntu 10.04 on an Acer Revo 3610.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated, noting that I'm still new at linux (And after all I've had to deal with in setting this thing up so far... look forward to never using this OS again.)

Thanks,

Phil
Nevermind, problem solved.
if somebody finds this thread via search and has a similar problem, he might want to know how you solved it
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I have the same problem and would like to know as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issues with Acer Revo0