How to resize Linux Partition for Crystalbuntu?
Hello all. First, thanks to all the wonderful developers who have made this all possible on the ATV. XBMC with CrystalHD is my favourite bit of technology in my house.

I am currently runnning Sam's Crystalbuntu image off an external 40GB usb hard drive. It is speedy and stable and the hard drive boots faster than a flash drive.

I have enabled DDS under the OSX atv install and it is a wonderful addition to the interface. Perhaps the DDS stuff should be made into a sticky?

Here is my question:

How do I resize my external drive to take advantage of the full space (40GB) available? Here is what my drive size currently looks like:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb2 3.0G 2.3G 643M 78% /
varrun 122M 116K 122M 1% /var/run
varlock 122M 0 122M 0% /var/lock
udev 122M 48K 122M 1% /dev
devshm 122M 96K 122M 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda4 148G 121G 28G 82% /media/pata
/dev/sdb1 34M 9.7M 25M 29% /media/Recovery

sdb2 has a lot of unused space that is not showing here. I know the DDS fanart requires lots of space and will quickly fill the 3GB drive up. I tried the guide from m_lopez_h to try to resize it (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post604349), but it did not work for me.

Then, I tried using symlinks to direct XBMC to store the DDS images on the internal drive where there is lots of space. This worked great, except that now when I try to tag new content through IMDB it does not download the posters! Boo. So close.

The simplest thing is to somehow resize my external drive to use the full 40GBs available. is there a simple way to resize the drive via terminal and ssh and stuff?

Any guidance from the Linux gurus who lurk here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to resize Linux Partition for Crystalbuntu?0