XBMC on OSX, Files on NAS, NIGHTMARE!!!
Because my mac mini is connected wirelessly to a router that is hooked into my NAS. That router is not connected to the internet.

I have to switch to my friends router to get internet access, which turns off access to my files.

It is a lame situation.
Why not connect wired to your router and NAS (way better for streaming anyhow) and connect wirelessly to the friends network? That or get an extra wifi nic (usb dongle can be had for as little as $10 in places) so that you can support multiple wifi networks.
I didn't want to have to spend any more on it now since this is not a permanent setup and as soon as I find a studio to work at I will be able to know where I will be living. That means I will have the router directly into a modem and be able to have the nas and the net on the same connection.

I was just wondering if it is possible to do what I am wanting to do while offline.
With a mac mini, can I set it up so that it is wired to one router and wireless to another?
I just hooked it in directly. I will worry about making it how I want it later when I settle into a place.

Thanks for the time
(2013-12-27, 03:58)Shinji Wrote: With a mac mini, can I set it up so that it is wired to one router and wireless to another?

Yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on OSX, Files on NAS, NIGHTMARE!!!0