help with hardware please
everyone i'm in need of your help badly. Being that its christmas time and all i've gotten the wifes go ahead and resolve this issue. So we are trying to watch a movie and keep getting lags and stutters. Trying to watch Avatar in 1080. My computer specs are in my signature plus we are connected to windows home server through gigabit connection. could anyone please give me suggestions on how to resolve my issue. Please see attatched screen shot. I'm not totally dumb when it comes to computers but all those numbers and acronims are throughing be for a loop. Thanks in advance

V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
In short

CPU is not fast enough to do software decoding of h264
GPU (hardware decoding) is not turned on

Enable DVXA2 in settings
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:In short

CPU is not fast enough to do software decoding of h264
GPU (hardware decoding) is not turned on

Enable DVXA2 in settings

I do have DVXA2 enabled under settings.
Looking at possibly upgrading GPU is there a list of ones that definetly support DVXA2. As far as i know i thought my setup was good to go for this function. Since dual core @ 2.4 isn't fast enough do we need to start looking at quad cores?
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
If you don't care about dts-hd or Dolby true hd get the nvidia gt210 for about 30-40$
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Here are the links for all DXVA2 compatible cards and their degree of compatibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Video_Decoder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with hardware please0