backup and restore
Hi

I exported my video library to 1 folder.

I then installed XBMC again on my other OS on my dual boot machine.

I set everything up imported my library first and then added my sources again.

Everything was there and fine...I selected a movie and the message 'Cannot be found, remove from library?' appeared.

I believe this is because of drive letter assignment change because of dual boot ex: L:/Movies was now M:/Movies.

What is an easy fix for this? otherwise I do not see the point of backing up my library!

I *think* I tried editing sources.xml but it didnt seem to work....

Also if I wanted to start fresh with XBMC on a new machine but retain my settings like my guisettings, favourites etc seamlessy restored into my new XBMC install is this possible? ex: like the way my menus are configured?
Do I just copy my whole /roaming/XBMC folder?

Thanks in advance
Star 
Just go back into the video area where you select add sources, and you should see something called edit source (hit the C key) at that point you'll see your path is incorrect... chose browse for path, find your share and all is healed, make sure the share is still set properly; and when it asks you should it re-scan, decline...
PatK Wrote:Just go back into the video area where you select add sources, and you should see something called edit source (hit the C key) at that point you'll see your path is incorrect... chose browse for path, find your share and all is healed, make sure the share is still set properly; and when it asks you should it re-scan, decline...

I don't believe that will work as it doesn't change the path in the db

If paths are going to change you should export your library to separate files then it adds an nfo and artwork locally with your media which you can quickly scan into xbmc

Your find your favourites and GUI settings in your userdata they have there own xmls
Star 
>>X<<' Wrote:I don't believe that will work as it doesn't change the path in the db

If paths are going to change you should export your library to separate files then it adds an nfo and artwork locally with your media which you can quickly scan into xbmc

Your find your favourites and GUI settings in your userdata they have there own xmls
Look in system under display mode, that you have fullscreen checked and not windowed mode. Your TV might have adjustments for a slight expansion, so look into that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
backup and restore0