Music Library not working
I thought this was just an issue maybe with my install, but I have 3 seperate pc's that all have the same issue. Music Library appears disabled. I have tried a number of different skins to make sure its not the skin. I have manually added 1 song, 1 folder or the whole folder structure to the library. I am using the mysql db storage for the library and have verified that there are 5000 songs in the songs table, but when i try to go into library mode its disabled or no matching songs.

Anyone else having this issue?

I am running all my installs on windows 7 pcs. 2 are 64bit 1 is 32bit. All exhibit the same outcome.
I have the same issue on Linux. Ubuntu 10.4, XBMC 10. r35648 (Dec 17, 2010). All machines are configured to access the music database at a central MySQL server. The music database is filled with data which was created by scanning a music source to the library. Subsequent scans must look data up in the database and realize that the songs are already there because it doesn't re-download the song/artist/album information.
Hello!

Had the same problem. This is because we are using MySQL 5.0
Tried it on 5.5 and everything worked fine.
Compared the two databases and found that the VIEWS "albumview" and "songview" were not created in 5.0

Here are the CREATE SQLs for the VIEWS:

Code:
CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`xbmc`@`%` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `xbmc_music`.`albumview` AS select `xbmc_music`.`album`.`idAlbum` AS `idAlbum`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`strAlbum` AS `strAlbum`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`strExtraArtists` AS `strExtraArtists`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`idArtist` AS `idArtist`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`strExtraGenres` AS `strExtraGenres`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`idGenre` AS `idGenre`,`xbmc_music`.`artist`.`strArtist` AS `strArtist`,`xbmc_music`.`genre`.`strGenre` AS `strGenre`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`iYear` AS `iYear`,`xbmc_music`.`thumb`.`strThumb` AS `strThumb`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`idAlbumInfo` AS `idAlbumInfo`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strMoods` AS `strMoods`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strStyles` AS `strStyles`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strThemes` AS `strThemes`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strReview` AS `strReview`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strLabel` AS `strLabel`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strType` AS `strType`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`strImage` AS `strImage`,`xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`iRating` AS `iRating` from ((((`xbmc_music`.`album` left join `xbmc_music`.`artist` on((`xbmc_music`.`album`.`idArtist` = `xbmc_music`.`artist`.`idArtist`))) left join `xbmc_music`.`genre` on((`xbmc_music`.`album`.`idGenre` = `xbmc_music`.`genre`.`idGenre`))) left join `xbmc_music`.`thumb` on((`xbmc_music`.`album`.`idThumb` = `xbmc_music`.`thumb`.`idThumb`))) left join `xbmc_music`.`albuminfo` on((`xbmc_music`.`album`.`idAlbum` = `xbmc_music`.`albuminfo`.`idAlbum`)));

Code:
CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`xbmc`@`%` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `xbmc_music`.`songview` AS select `xbmc_music`.`song`.`idSong` AS `idSong`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strExtraArtists` AS `strExtraArtists`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strExtraGenres` AS `strExtraGenres`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strTitle` AS `strTitle`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`iTrack` AS `iTrack`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`iDuration` AS `iDuration`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`iYear` AS `iYear`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`dwFileNameCRC` AS `dwFileNameCRC`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strFileName` AS `strFileName`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strMusicBrainzTrackID` AS `strMusicBrainzTrackID`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strMusicBrainzArtistID` AS `strMusicBrainzArtistID`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strMusicBrainzAlbumID` AS `strMusicBrainzAlbumID`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strMusicBrainzAlbumArtistID` AS `strMusicBrainzAlbumArtistID`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`strMusicBrainzTRMID` AS `strMusicBrainzTRMID`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`iTimesPlayed` AS `iTimesPlayed`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`iStartOffset` AS `iStartOffset`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`iEndOffset` AS `iEndOffset`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`lastplayed` AS `lastplayed`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`rating` AS `rating`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`comment` AS `comment`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idAlbum` AS `idAlbum`,`xbmc_music`.`album`.`strAlbum` AS `strAlbum`,`xbmc_music`.`path`.`strPath` AS `strPath`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idArtist` AS `idArtist`,`xbmc_music`.`artist`.`strArtist` AS `strArtist`,`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idGenre` AS `idGenre`,`xbmc_music`.`genre`.`strGenre` AS `strGenre`,`xbmc_music`.`thumb`.`strThumb` AS `strThumb`,`xbmc_music`.`karaokedata`.`iKaraNumber` AS `iKaraNumber`,`xbmc_music`.`karaokedata`.`iKaraDelay` AS `iKaraDelay`,`xbmc_music`.`karaokedata`.`strKaraEncoding` AS `strKaraEncoding` from ((((((`xbmc_music`.`song` join `xbmc_music`.`album` on((`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idAlbum` = `xbmc_music`.`album`.`idAlbum`))) join `xbmc_music`.`path` on((`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idPath` = `xbmc_music`.`path`.`idPath`))) join `xbmc_music`.`artist` on((`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idArtist` = `xbmc_music`.`artist`.`idArtist`))) join `xbmc_music`.`genre` on((`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idGenre` = `xbmc_music`.`genre`.`idGenre`))) join `xbmc_music`.`thumb` on((`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idThumb` = `xbmc_music`.`thumb`.`idThumb`))) left join `xbmc_music`.`karaokedata` on((`xbmc_music`.`song`.`idSong` = `xbmc_music`.`karaokedata`.`idSong`)));
Thanks Thorsten, that saved my day
Thorsten, thanks from me too. Was bugging me for months why Music was not working right! Nice one!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library not working0