ATI Wonder RF Remote?
Hi all,

I've an Acer Revo with the old RF ATI Woder hanging off it.
Now, it works great straight out of the box, except one thing bugs me to bits - the back function works via the right click, which is fine except if its over anything that can be right clicked on brings up the menu - very anoying when all I meant to do was go up a level!

Anyway I understand they can be remapped, but does anyone have simple instructions on how to do this as I am very new to linux - in fact I only have it on my XBMC (well and on my daughters PC - but that was a follow the wizard job) and I just followed a guide which worked straight away.

Cheers.
Hmn, as no-one seems to be able to help with this could anyone suggest a cheap reliable remote that I can get in the UK?

All I really need is to be able to go back and call up the menu on different buttons, well and of course be able to navigate and select Smile

Cheers.
Lumpsack Wrote:Hmn, as no-one seems to be able to help with this could anyone suggest a cheap reliable remote that I can get in the UK?

All I really need is to be able to go back and call up the menu on different buttons, well and of course be able to navigate and select Smile

Cheers.

I have one of the ATI Wonder remotes and hated it. The issue for you is not which remote but the receiver. Most new remotes support
MCE out of the box so if you can get a MCE receiver just use a universal remote. If you don't want to spend the bucks on a Harmony then all the Philips (I use the SRU5108) have a MCE device built in. Since they're a dutch company I'm sure they are available there.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Funnily enough I couldn't find it by that code - perhaps a different code over here, however I was looking at this that I think may work and is very cheap.

At the mo I'm fiddling with my PSP and trying to get that to do it Smile
That remote should work in Linux. I originally picked up one of the Anyware remote/receiver setups then got the Philips remote because it had a nice layout and the buttons light up.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SRU5108-27...B0026L7B8U
hehe, as you were writing tha I was looking at that very link Smile

That remote does look nice, I can;t find it over here though, in part out of curiosity does it come with an IR adapter?

If not then I'll stop hunting as I'd need one of those anyway and just pick up the MCE one I was looking at before.

BTW - My PSP efforts failed horribly Sad
Lumpsack Wrote:hehe, as you were writing tha I was looking at that very link Smile

That remote does look nice, I can;t find it over here though, in part out of curiosity does it come with an IR adapter?

If not then I'll stop hunting as I'd need one of those anyway and just pick up the MCE one I was looking at before.

BTW - My PSP efforts failed horribly Sad

No, it's a 8 device universal so it doesn't come with a receiver although it would be nice if they did. I bought it after I already had the receiver. My wife needs to SEE the buttons ergo the lights and for some reason doesn't like the Pronto because there aren't enough buttons.
Cheers, I'll try one of those others (if only for a cheap IR Smile)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI Wonder RF Remote?0