XBMC Live 10.0 not setting external HDD
the grub file has moved with the new XBMC. Lemme get the info that worked for me and I'll post it here.

EDIT - Here's the info from the thread that I posted in.

Quote:You need to update
/etc/default/grub

and then run
sudo update-grub

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1195275

/boot/grub/grub.cfg
This is the main Grub 2 file. It "replaces" Grub Legacy's /boot/grub/menu.lst This file contains the Grub menu information but unlike Grub Legacy's menu.lst file, grub.cfg is not meant to be edited.
grub.cfg is automatcially generated when "update-grub" is executed:

/etc/default/grub
This file contains information formerly contained in the upper section of Grub Legacy's menu.lst and items contained on the end of the kernel line. The items in this file can be edited by a user with administrator (root) privileges.
Thanks for the info. I'm also using Live Dharma so I found the file under /etc/default/grub as you indicated.

here are the contents of the file that I have:

Quote:# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=800x600

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

# Defaults from XBMC Installation
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0 video=vesafb"
GRUB_GFXMODE="800x600"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="800x600"

Kinda got it working here

# Defaults from XBMC Installation
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount loglevel=0 video=vesafb"
GRUB_GFXMODE="800x600"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="800x600"

Ok, I removed the nodiskmount indicated above and I get the drives to show up in /media when I go to add sources.
The issue is that the drives are named : D8AE6AFAAE6AD094 and E89652139651E31C for the 1Tb and the 2 TB respectively. Anyway to fix that?

Finally found this out

D8AE6AFAAE6AD094 and E89652139651E31C do not show up in add sources. They show up when I FTp into the XBMC Live box and browse to /media.
What shows up is the Volume name. One was formatted on WIN7 and given a volume name of "STORAGE" and the other one was formatted EXT4 and also given a volume name of "STORAGE".
This debacle was done unintentionally as the EXT4 (1TB drive) was added to my previous Live installation 9 months ago and NTFS (2TB) drive was added to the new Live install Yesterday.

Hope this helps you. Good Luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 10.0 not setting external HDD0