[LIVE] PolicyKit can't find uid for xbmc
I am trying to get shutdown, reboot, suspend working.

I'm following this guide but when I get to the section where I need to

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

I get the error

Code:
polkit-auth: cannot look up uid for user 'xbmc'

Indeed user 'xbmc' does not exist in passwd. Am I supposed to replace 'xbmc' with the username I created during the xbmclive setup? What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Bump.

There was a home folder generated for xbmc, but again, the user doesn't exist. Why could this be?
I get the error too !
where is the mistake ?
I have Xbmc live (10)
you should probably not use hal since it has been replaced in lucid. Create a debug log and check what permissions are missing. You could also boot a liveCD and check the correct setting.

Also read this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=669512

ps. if you really do get the error because the user xbmc is missing....well replace xbmc with a user that does exist, I assume you have minimum one user?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] PolicyKit can't find uid for xbmc0