Navigation/External App Sounds on Dharma-Live
I just did an upgrade from RC2 to Dharma on my system, which is a Live to HDD install. Since then I have lost my navigation sounds and the audio from an App launched with the Executor plugin.

I have tried a couple of the .asound.conf files I had backed up on my network, but none of them seem to make a difference. Did something change in the stable Dharma-Live that could have affected this?

Thanks.
What do you have entered in the settings as the "Passthrough output device"? Also, what are the outputs of
Code:
aplay -l
and
Code:
aplay -L
I will post the output of aplay -l/-L later when I am in front of the unit, but my Passthrough is set to IEC958. I am using the optical output of my board.

Videos, Music, etc... still play fine through XBMC, so I don't think it is necessarily a setting in XBMC. As a matter of fact, my Sqeezeplay application had no sound even after I stopped XBMC-Live, so I know it has to be something such as the .asound.conf, but none of my existing ones work any longer.

One thing I did do was reboot the unit after updating.... did anything change in the Live Environment upon bootup?
I just thought about the upgrade.... I foolishly did an apt-get upgrade instead of just updating xbmc only....and then walked away without looking at exactly what was updating. It could be something else non-XBMC related... if nobody has an Idea I may just do a clean install of Dharma Stable and go from there.
After a reinstall using Dharma Live (official release), everything is back to normal. Not quite sure what it was that caused the issue, but it was definitely something that got updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation/External App Sounds on Dharma-Live0