Looking for someone to pass on my friends project to, python script addon for XBMC...
Sad 
My friend Tim was working on a script for XBMC that would show a "set top box" grid style menu for watching tv episodes and movies. It created channels based on tv networks and movie genres, and populated those channels with corresponding shows. He came up with this idea after we were thinking of ideas for a random episode player that you could pick and choose a genre or tv show and have a random episode play. It worked great for choosing content and episodes that you had forgotten about.

Unfortunately my friend passed away in September. I'd like to offer up his work for someone else to carry on. If you are interested, please read on. . .

I am not a coder, but I have access to his files. I know that he created a database generator to run on the serving PC, and a script that displayed the generated database in XBMC. He had it fully functional and was using it all the time. I am pretty sure the script is Python (unless there is another language for XBMC scripts?), but I never asked what he coded the PC program for, or which platform. He ran both Windows and Linux on his home PCs. His brother and I can start gathering his XBMC work together in January. It would be great if it could be finished and used by the XBMC community. Maybe even called TimTV ?

-Jimmy
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I was actually just thinking about trying to set up something similar the other night and I'd love to see what he had going so far. Could you set up a project on Google Code (or similar) or post a link to it here, so I can do the same?
I'd like to see this on Google Code as well. Over the past several days I have made a script that does essentially this, with user-defined channels, an EPG, and a few other things on the way...an attempt to be TV. I am only missing a couple of pieces, of which the code may help out.
I believe we will be putting this up on Google Code. Hopefully in a few weeks. I will definitely post here when his brother and I are able to get his XBMC stuff together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for someone to pass on my friends project to, python script addon for XBMC...0