Asus s1-at5nm10e
I have this Barebone as well and i'm very satisfied with it. Not too loud, powerful and cheap.
But I have a Problem with the analoge Audio output.

In stereo mode it works fine. But when i use 5.1 the sound whimper (don't know if it is the right word)

My amplifier has only analoge input so it would be nice to get it work.

I use Ubuntu 10.10 and XBMC Dharma.

Do you have the same problem?
Could anyone test it?
cloink Wrote:I'm an idiot.

Obviously, I needed to change the audio settings in xbmc itself (to Optical/Coax). "Problem" solved, so the eBay solution works! Too bad that the case doesn't really provide a neat solution for the connector, but okay, I "abused" the kensington-lock opening to pull through the cable with the optical/coax connectors. Big Grin

Nice Smile

I've bought a SPDIF dongle on ebay, hope it works also!
Has anyone managed to overclock cpu/ion2 in bios?

Thanks
Hello,

I've bought this barebone system for my HTPC build.

I have a problem tho, I only have "S3" mode in the Bios (0401), and in Xubuntu 64 bits, I don't have the option to hibernate/sleep...
Do you guys have the same thing ?

Also, it seems I can't change the system time in the bios, it never gets saved (while others settings are saved) o.O
=> This has been fixed by modifying "/etc/default/rcS" and changing UTC=yes to UTC=no in ubuntu!

Another thing I've noticed: if I try to manually suspend/hibernate with pm-suspend/pm-hibernate, it automaticly wakes up as soon as it suspends/hibernates...
=> This part has been solved by creating a file in "/etc/pm/sleep.d" which unloads xhci_hcd module on suspend/hibernate and load it on resume, apparently its a bug with USB3! chmod +x the file too!
Quote:#!/bin/sh
# /etc/pm/sleep.d/01fix_usb3
# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/562484
# Fix USB3 suspend and hibernate problems
case $1 in
hibernate)
modprobe -r xhci_hcd
;;
suspend)
modprobe -r xhci_hcd
;;
thaw)
modprobe xhci_hcd
;;
resume)
modprobe xhci_hcd
;;
*) echo "USB3 fix script: wrong argument!"
;;
esac
I tried Gabzor's method to suspend/hibernate but it's not working, I had some hope when I saw his posting.

In the past I already tried something to unload xhci_hcd. Here it is
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...untu_Linux

When I do
sudo pm-suspend
sudo pm-hibernate

nothing happens... I have no idea what I can do now Sad
Does anyone know if/when this will be available in the US?
I have the S1 connected up to my 50" panasonic plasma in 1080p. I run it under Windows7. Generally I'm happy with the nettop but I have one issue. The graphics are lacking contrast and sharpness when browsing the windows desktop. Text within windows and files names appear gray instead of a bold black. Because of this I struggle to read what's on screen when sat away on the sofa. I've played about with all the settings and cannot improve and unless some has a solution I'm resigned to it being a graphics card problem. Its evident when I plug in a small monitor, only not as crytical as you tend to sit closure to a monior. When I run XBMC there is no display issues all contrasts/blacks and texts display fine. Any ideas?
I have my user experience with this Barebone + WinXp + Harmony 600 in the Windows section if anyones interested.
PuNiShEr Wrote:Nice Smile

Has anyone managed to overclock cpu/ion2 in bios?

Thanks

I have one of these and thought I'd try overclocking it but the 'Jumperfree' option in the Advanced page of the BIOS does not exist, despite it being clearly shown in the manual. Can anyone else confirm this?
john8oy Wrote:The graphics are lacking contrast and sharpness when browsing the windows desktop. Text within windows and files names appear gray instead of a bold black.

Have you tried the NVIDIA forums? Or upgrading to a newer video card driver from NVIDIA instead of Asus?
cloink Wrote:I'm an idiot.

Obviously, I needed to change the audio settings in xbmc itself (to Optical/Coax). "Problem" solved, so the eBay solution works! Too bad that the case doesn't really provide a neat solution for the connector, but okay, I "abused" the kensington-lock opening to pull through the cable with the optical/coax connectors. Big Grin

Can anyone load some pics of the spdif module and how you installed it in the Asus S1-AT5NM10E?

Cheers
Riddles
I've this one
really nice barebone, but i can't get it properly working

Setup:
XBMClive isntalled on a 1.5 tb hd
4gb of ram (3.2 recognized)
audio over hdmi on philips 32" led.
hama mce remote controller

Default setup was really easy, audio over hdmi worked without any modification

remote controller
i wasn't able to use the default irda
i've this Imagebut i've to use his reciever and not the asus one.

wi fi
it works oly after i finish a film. before it didn't start.

dlna
i've a android tablet, how can i stream xmbc content to that tablet?
i solved with harmony

now after upgrade to eden i can't use the integrated ir reciever.. :/
Hi

I'm about to buy one of these to run Kodi on, any drawbacks with that?
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
All is still working very well.
(2015-06-19, 06:27)andlinux Wrote: All is still working very well.

Sounds good

What about the above ir thingy not working?
Didn't know it had built in ir.
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus s1-at5nm10e0