Install XBMC Live from USB to USB?
Question 
My HTPC has no DVD drive. I can only boot from USB or HDD. I tried to install XBMC Live Dharma final from a USB stick onto another USB stick. Installation went fine, but when I tried to boot from the USB stick that I installed on, it could not boot because "/dev/sdc was missing".

I assume that GRUB was confused because I removed the installation USB stick and the assigned dev names were mixed up. In other words, I assume that /dev/sdc no longer exists because it is now named /dev/sdb or whatever.

So the question is: how do I fix this? Should I manually edit GRUB files? Any help greatly appreciated.
I created a bootable USB-stick with Unetbootin (don't forget to format the usb-stick with FAT before proceeding), booted from this stick and installed live to a second usb-stick. No problems encountered, boots fast and runs smooth.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I did the same thing - except it won't boot. Maybe there is a way to force that the USB stick that I want to install XBMC Live on is considered /dev/sdb and the one that I install from is /dev/sdc, so that there won't be a problem when I remove the latter? If so: how?
Smile 
Alright, I swapped the USB ports, redid the whole installation, problem gone. I suppose the USB ports have a fixed order in which the attached devices are named.

Now I need to find a solution for the "Resloution Not Supported"message that my TV gives me when booting XBMC Live, either from the installer or the installed version. But not in this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install XBMC Live from USB to USB?0